Wanted bmw 3.0 cs/csi project Australia

Simon_D

Reaction score
Hi there- bit of a long shot looking for a project car in Aus for a father/son retirement resto.

Really love these cars and how they are being restored and driven.

Have lots of time to spare, and appreciate there is barely any of these around any more- even if someone has a donor car or wreck they are finished with I would be interested.

Please contact me through this forum- thanks guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Welcome aboard Simon.
They are a rare bird here in Aus but they do turn up.
What's your budget?

Simon_D

Reaction score
Thanks Wes-

Yeah a really good question. Really depends on the condition of the car- as I’m looking for a project I’m hoping something under 30k might turn up and if not I’ll have to come up from there.

Do have the time to take on something pretty rough/rusty if such a car is out there or even just a bare shell that someone’s parted out- just thought I’d throw it out there and see if anything turns up.

Thanks

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score
My advice - buy a complete car.
A complete car with rust issues is ideal if you have lots of time, and are looking to maybe end up on the cheaper side of buying a very nice coupe from the beginning.
Buying a wreck or a parted out (and rusty) shell will be impossible to finish cheaper than buying a very nice coupe. Parts are getting more expensive by the day, then add the cost of shipping said parts to you.
My coupe was restored the same way, a father/son project, go for it!:)

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I forget who it was but there is a member on here who I think just finished up a CSL restoration.
They had a CS parts car that may fit the bill.
Will have a hunt around on here and see if I can find it.
You may snag a doer upper for around 30k. There was a CS I think that went through a Pickles auction here this year that went for around 34k.
All of the others I've seen have been 75k-90k (not counting private sales) for cars that still needed work.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have no car to offer to the cause, but I would gladly offer one of my two sons ...

Hi there- bit of a long shot looking for a project car in Aus for a father/son retirement resto.

Simon_D

Reaction score
Thanks Wes I’ll follow that one up [emoji106]. Yeah I have seen your thread- looks like you are making some great progress with the build- will make an amazing car that’s for sure!

floridabmx

Reaction score
unless you're building a racecar. buy a complete car for sure. theres a bunch of little expensive trim and small parts on these cars and they cost when you need them. I would suggest importing one if you're ok with LHD.

Simon_D

Reaction score
Yes you are right. Given there is not many e9’s in Australia I’m trying to stay as broad as possible- if I can find a complete car for restoration that’s great, but a part of me has always wanted to build up a weekend racecar for some of the local events which is why I’m open to taking on a shell or something at the rougher end as well.

I’d like to see if anything turns up locally first, but I suspect my search is likely to end up looking at an import- which is fine too

Thanks again

floridabmx

Reaction score
i have a non sunroof 4spd 72 3.0cs

Attachments

• DB45E28C-2DCE-4803-B4F1-39D1B98E41FC.jpeg
    DB45E28C-2DCE-4803-B4F1-39D1B98E41FC.jpeg
    358.1 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:

Boobouna

Reaction score

Really love these cars and how they are being restored and driven.

Have lots of time to spare, and appreciate there is barely any of these around any more- even if someone has a donor car or wreck they are finished with I would be interested.

Please contact me through this forum- thanks guys.

Just PMed