Wanted CS Register & E9 Driven Badges

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I'm now in search off the Enamel or Cloisonné CS Register and E9 Driven grill badges. If you have one you are willing to part with please contact me.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I did two runs of the CS Register badge. Sold a total of about 175? One run said CS REGISTER. The other said CS REGISTRY. I don't remember which came first. The founder, Art Wegweiser, named it. When someone else took over from Art they changed the last two letters.
I believe my first run was in the changed, second name. So when I did a second run a couple of years later I used Art's original name. Other than the letter change they were identical to the originals Art had made years and years ago.

I had the help of an other e9er. But most of the credit goes to the woman who runs the
356 Porsche Registry. She had many badges done for her club so she had all the connections with the manufacturer(In China of course), customs, import duties etc. She was a life savior.

I did the two runs because I could not find a badge for less than $150, at the time. I think I charged between $40. and $50. including shipping(except to Asia and Europe) but added a small amouht to each badge to pay for 10 or 15 extras, knowing that as soon as they were attached to the grilles those who had not bought one would come hunting. And they did.

The manufacturer included lapel pins in the price of the first run and lapel pins and small key fobs in the second run. All looked exactly like the badge.

Shipped all over the world, got to know so many owners, heard so many interesting stories. One guy wrote to tell me that when he opened the grille of his recently purchased 2800CS there was an original Art W. badge lying there in perfect condition.

If anyone thinks there is enough demand for another ER or RY Register badge run, probably, a minimum of 75, let me know and I can help out. Really don't want to take it all on a third time.

Steve [email protected]

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
E9 Driven Badge

Attachments

• IMG_6940.jpg
    IMG_6940.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_1332.jpg
    IMG_1332.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_8876.jpg
    IMG_8876.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 210

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
E9 Driven badge arrived today from HB Chris. So glad to be able to check that off the list. :D

Still looking for a CS Register or CS Registry grill badge.

Attachments

• E9 Driven Badge.jpg
    E9 Driven Badge.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 162

Philippe db

Reaction score
If anyone thinks there is enough demand for another ER or RY Register badge run, probably, a minimum of 75, let me know and I can help out. Really don't want to take it all on a third time.

Steve [email protected]

Hi Guys,

Bumping this thread just to see if there would be any interest in a re run of this badge as proposed by Steve? Since the last run I can imagine that the E9 community grew and that by now there very well might be a lot of interest in a badge of this quality. I for one would very much like to add this little artifact to my front grill. So to make it worthwhile for Chris to go to the trouble we need 74 more interested members.

Daniel Sweden

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I have written that I order one and I stand for it
but there are differences among the talk of the CS Index badge
and E9 Driven Badge
What is the difference
Are there pictures have only seen E9 Driven Badge
If there is E9 Driven badge as the images in this thread
I take 4 x 2 inca 1 white and 1 golf if possible

Sincerely Daniel

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Found an original CS Register Badge on ebay. Bought, paid for and delivered. Does have a painted in stone chip. Purchased form an older gentleman in Carmichael CA.

s-l1600-2.jpg