WANTED Performance cam for early injection system

Mario L.

Reaction score
Looking for a performance camshaft to use with an early CSI
previously another shop installed a race cam with huge lift and overlap , so the engine produces no vacuum at idle, and huge vacuum at high rpm. Great for Webers or a programable injection, but for the MAP based system we can't make it work . .

Schrick no longer makes this cam, last I checked they have no cores/ billets for any M30 cams . . I'm cautious on regrinds, but would consider one if it came from a supplier with a quality reputation and or proven background.

Does anyone have any ideas, leads???

Mario L.
www.VSR1.com

M5dCS

Reaction score
cams

I had great luck years back having Isky regrind and surface harden cams for some 2002 engines I did. As I recall there were several lifts and durations to choose from. I've always liked a slolom or sprint cam with short duration as they produce good low end and midrange torque. Good luck, Leroy

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
what are you looking for- 272, 284, or a 302?
I assume you want Jetronic?
I assure you that Schrick still sells m30 cams- I bought 3 in the last 6 months

David at ecartoys or I have a 302 Jet cam sitting around and Mesa and Turner sell the Schrick cams[284]. At worst you buy a Motronic 284 cam and stick the conversion nut on for Jet.

http://www.turnermotorsport.com/html/subcategory_detail.asp?modelcode=E28&subcat_id=150

http://www.turnermotorsport.com/image/engine/schrick_tech_2009_BMW_only.pdf

Mesa also carries the Schrick cam and a member on this board can suggest a US manufacturer of quality cams.

Many people using megasquirt are reporting very good idles with highlift cams- so I hear!

Don

TodB

Reaction score
cams

Mario,

You can have Paul Burke grind you one to whatever spec you want. He supplies most of the tuner shops with their performance camshafts. He does grind from scratch - no regrinds. About the same price as a Schrick.

You'll be seeing mine later this Spring:-D

I'll PM his tele #.

bmw art car

Reaction score
korman does a lot of engine work. i think they know the right place
Might wanna call up Ray @ 332 275 1494

YBNormal

Reaction score
Ireland Engineering

Jeff has sold 284º and 292 regrinds for years, very reasonable price. Unless the car is doing endurance races there shouldn't be a problem. Shawn Essex raced an E9 in VARA with a 316 regrind for several seasons with great success.

http://www.iemotorsport.com/

Bert Poliakoff

Site Donor
Reaction score
My understanding is a 282 is max on Ljet with a euro ecu. Schneider cams in San Diego will regrind to your specs. The cam for my M90 ran me $125 a year ago