Wanted: Real Series II Batmobile

jbeinhor

Reaction score
Hi all -- I am looking for a Series II Batmobile -- I know it's a big ask! I've been looking for a year, but have only come across the series one cars -- if you find anything, please email me at: jbeinhor [at] hotmail [dot] com

Thank you so much! Excited to be part of this community.

Best,

Jeff

jbeinhor

Reaction score
That one would have been perfect, but I started my search about a month too late, unfortunately.

gkb

Site Donor
Reaction score
$341,000 for a great example with the provenance (Gleeson) - I would rather have a car from the Gleeson collection than one owned by some movie star.

BMW Pete

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi all -- I am looking for a Series II Batmobile -- I know it's a big ask! I've been looking for a year, but have only come across the series one cars -- if you find anything, please email me at: jbeinhor [at] hotmail [dot] com

Thank you so much! Excited to be part of this community.

Best,

Jeff
Jeff,

I wish you the very best of luck in the search, they are getting harder to find. I cannot tell you how many years it took to get mine :) (absolutely not for sale) but it is so worth it in the end.

If you haven't owned an E9 before, I would recommend having somebody who knows how to look at these taking a look for you. If you have owned before you of course understand why.

If it has to be a series II Batmobile, I understand, but the series I Bat is also a great car and if you find either in great condition, I wouldn't worry which series it is, condition is the most important thing. But, thats just me, you may have your reasons for insisting upon a series II Batmobile.

You will find some great guys in this forum who can be extremely helpful in trying to save you from buying a pup or dare I say - ourselves :) .

Again, good luck

Pete

jbeinhor

Reaction score
Thank you, Pete. I know the cars well, but the search over the last year has been frustrating! It really has to be a series II car — which of course makes it even tougher!

Boobouna

Reaction score
That one would have been perfect, but I started my search about a month too late, unfortunately.

That vehicle is for sale at the moment in Japan. So it’s not too late if you want it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbeinhor

Reaction score
I’m confused, the listing says it has a 3.2, but I thought the increase did not occur until the series II Cars? EDIT: Got it, the final Series I cars got the updated engine.

Last edited:

RonP

Reaction score
Jeff, as Pete noted they are extremely difficult to find for sale. I do know of a couple that "may" be able to be purchased. I sent you a PM.