Waterless cooling...anyone use it?

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Seems like you'd have to start this after an engine rebuild otherwise I don't see how you could get >97% of the old coolant/water out before adding this. Otherwise looks great.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Seems like you'd have to start this after an engine rebuild otherwise I don't see how you could get >97% of the old coolant/water out before adding this. Otherwise looks great.

They have a flush product to help remove the water out of the system before you put in the waterless coolant.

Bwana

Reaction score
One appears to be mostly ethylene glycol according to the MSDA sheets. Another, NPG+, appears to be mostly propylene glycol. The vid is misleading because I didn't catch which was which. Ethylene will kill you shortly if you drink a lot, very slowly and painfully if given in small doses (saw it on Forensic Files). Propylene is relatively non-toxic. Lots of negative comments in a bunch of forums, only a few positive (but what do forum posters know? :D ). Good idea but too much like Marvel Mystery Oil to run right out and change mine.

<Hijack> What do you guys use to flush you cooling system? The old DuPont two part stuff is no longer made, probably environmentally unfriendly. The single flush stuff doesn't seem to do anything. Possibly mild phosphoric acid?

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
One appears to be mostly ethylene glycol according to the MSDA sheets. Another, NPG+, appears to be mostly propylene glycol. The vid is misleading because I didn't catch which was which. Ethylene will kill you shortly if you drink a lot, very slowly and painfully if given in small doses (saw it on Forensic Files). Propylene is relatively non-toxic. Lots of negative comments in a bunch of forums, only a few positive (but what do forum posters know? :D ). Good idea but too much like Marvel Mystery Oil to run right out and change mine.

<Hijack> What do you guys use to flush you cooling system? The old DuPont two part stuff is no longer made, probably environmentally unfriendly. The single flush stuff doesn't seem to do anything. Possibly mild phosphoric acid?

"Good idea but too much like Marvel Mystery Oil to run right out and change mine." feel the same

i captured a lot on nonsense about pressure and temp in the video, at least when talking about our m30 engine, it will not be like a volcano when you open the cap, unless you have a cracked head, but hey the guy is marketing director ! he has to sell the stuff, and the other guy, i can not stand ...

i use a 50% yellow colour non organic valeo stuff, (glycol+water) colour indicates different things in different countries, i remember a wrong advice about using only blue i read once in the uk csl newsletter, (the advice was correct for the uk market), i wrote them and in the next numbeer the commented the question
to me the once a year flush plus ensure complete flush including engine block plug works well

afeustel

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I use it in the Bav. Works great. Never any real pressure in the system, even at normal operating temperature and cools just fine. I don't know what the long term affects are yet but I have been running it for almost 2 years now.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
"Good idea but too much like Marvel Mystery Oil to run right out and change mine." feel the same

i captured a lot on nonsense about pressure and temp in the video, at least when talking about our m30 engine, it will not be like a volcano when you open the cap, unless you have a cracked head, but hey the guy is marketing director ! he has to sell the stuff, and the other guy, i can not stand ...

I don’t think it is nonsense. The operating temp in my Jeep is about 210 but if you open the cap you will melt your face off! :D The cap is vented between 14 and 18 psi depending on which cap you get. that is enough pressure to spray coolant and I have sprayed coolant more than once with that engine (through the vent, not in my face).

If you think that 18psi is trivial, think about noise that a turbo blow off valve in that range makes...