Weber 38 downdraft conversion Qs...

shanon

Reaction score
Howdy Coupers,

I'm going from Weber 32/36s to 38/38s soon and am curious if this is a direct swap or not. I think so??
My 32/36s are a water choke (DGAVs) and the 38s will be an electric choke (DGESs). Beyond the choke conversion, is the linkage the same? Any plumbing mods needed? I know I will be doing a little 'porting' on the intake manifold.

If ya'll could let me know if there are some bits, tips or steps needed before I 'go in' I'd apreciated it..... :wink:

TIA!
-shanon
'70 2800cs

larkinca

Reaction score
Weber 38/38s

I bought my 38/38 Webers from Jam Engineering, along with their excellent linkage kit. http://www.jameng.com/ They also give great advice and had a competitive price.

One caution is that the throttle response becomes much more sensitive since all four throttles open at the same time. I am considering a modification to the linkage to make them less so.

shanon

Reaction score
thanks Alex.

I think the my car alreadys has the JAM linkages for its 32/36s and they seem to be basically interchangable w/ the 38s from what JAM said. ((minor tweaks possible)

Curious, what you had before the 38s? Noticable difference/improvement?

thanks again,
shanon

TodB

Reaction score
38s

I went from triple weber 40s to dual 38s (motor is a low compression 3.3L). Not sure if the triples were jetted correctly, but the difference was night and day. Much more torque across a wider range with the 38s. Could not be happier.