What CSL?

corsachili

Reaction score
The never-ending saga of the bodyshop that can't deliver continues. I was supposed (after the 3rd consecutive missed deadline) get my car back last Saturday. The plan was to drive over to the bodyshop following the Bay Area 2002 gathering and tow her home. I called them at lunch time as we'd agreed and heard the familiar phrase, "we're still working on it. Our painter missed a spot (the one I told them about at least 5 times, the one I asked them not to forget) so we'll have to take another day to paint it".

I was told the car would be ready early this week. I called the bodyshop yesterday afternoon and was told that the car is ready. "Come pick it up any time you want", they said. "It looks great", they said.

Finally................after over 2 months of waiting my car was ready (or so I thought).

10 minutes after that conversation I get another call. "TJ, this is #$#*#. I was just going over the car and found a spot on the fender that we didn't get. It's gonna be another couple of days before you can come get it".

There is simply nothing to be said. Open a bottle of wine, cook dinner with my wife, go out to the garage later and stare at the engine on the stand for the 1000th time, looking for something else to clean, polish, refresh or renew. Now 24 is over and I have even more time on Monday nights to spend in the garage.

Maybe I'll get really serious on the Alfa. I'm painting that one myself. No one to blame.

Bastards..................

decoupe

(deceased)
Reaction score
Oh, that CSL!!

Most paint shops are not even interested in painting anything that isn't an insurance claim. You are reduced to the status of "piece work" that is used to fill in the gaps in their billing program. Hence the loss of continuity and the missed fender.

I got this from the owner of a very good local autobody/paint shop that refused to do my 320i. At least he was honest.

Good luck TJ.

Malc

Reaction score
In the immortal words of Father Ted (Hope you have seen it)
Arse!!
Feck!!
Drink!!

Er..... want to come to Scotland and give me a hand?

Hang in there
Malc