What do you guys think of Alfa's

decoupe

(deceased)
Reaction score
Always loved the body style - for the same reasons that the CS is so perfect. Not a bad angle anywhere - so very fluid.

Ended up buying a 76 2002 though for reasons of practicality and cost. A rust free Alpha looks like well north of $11,000 judging by this one and the literally rust free (though automatic) '02 I bought was less then half.

Next time the Alpha or a 356. Couple of years from now.

velocewest

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I had a '74 GTV 2000. Great car, glorious engine noises. Very different than an e9, all revs and momentum, whereas the e9 has that silky M30 torque. I also enjoyed it for the way it made 2002 owners shut up about how great their cars are -- since the Alfa has a DOHC all aluminum engine, mechanical injection, a full synchro 5 speed, 4 wheel Ate discs, fully adjustable camber and caster... And it doesn't look like a filing cabinet on wheels.

I sold mine just before the prices took off. As usual... :roll:

Someday I want an early stepnose 105 car, a '66 or thereabout. TJ Noto has one, he claims to be restoring it... :p

x_atlas0

Reaction score
Is the back seat meant for amputees only?

Nice looking car, reminds me of a S2000, based on the driving characteristics the stats suggest.

m_thompson

Reaction score
I got a early 60s Guiletta Sprint Spyder for free when I was in high School. Got it running but decided that the rust was so bad that it wasn't worth fixing. Gave it to the automotive department in the High School.

I guess that my idea of how much rust is worth fixing has changed a bit since then.

Malc

Reaction score
I think everybody has to have an Alfa Romeo at some point. THere is just something about them, even modern ones.
I had a 1980's 33 for a while. Horrible driving position, dodgy electrics and rusting in places you would not believe but that flat four engine was something else and the handling was amazing.
You just have to do it once in you life :shock:
Would I have another one :?:
Yes I would...
Malc

Bill Riblett

(deceased)
Reaction score
Malc said:
I think everybody has to have an Alfa Romeo at some point.
Malc
I had a couple of Fiats back in the day: 124 Spider and 124 Coupe. That was close enough for me. Sold both and bought a 72 Porsche 911T. Wish I still had that.

I thought the Fiats were nicely styled and engineered, but made out of crappy materials. The 124 Spyder replaced a TR-3, which was fun, but I hated to work on it because of all the rusty fasteners. The Fiat wasn't rusty, but instead, fasteners just broke.