What I do.

johnrob

Reaction score
Mechanical engineer currently managing our engineering group that sells control equipment into the oil & gas industry in Alberta and BC.

Designed, built and installed industrial gas compressors for six years, prior to above. Really big stuff ie. several thousand HP stuff.

Hobby balcksmith making gates, tables and other stuff. Great stress relief. People tell me I have a flair for it (maybe it's the hot metal in my hand and the sweat on my brow that shows them I mean business).

Owning and enjoying a E9 has been on my "must do list" for years and a life changing experinced got me off my rear to fulfill that dream. Only had my '74CS for a year, so I'm still discovering things when I work on it. New leather seats and panels are in and looking good. Flooring will wait until the fall. We have three boys that like to lend me a hand when I'm in the garage.

johnrob

Reaction score
Hi Doug. It's John Evens in Calgary, we traded some e-mails back and forth last summer. I'll post some pic soon.

decoupe

(deceased)
Reaction score
Give these guys a call - Riegl has a dyno which makes the whole thing very accurate but pricey. I'll send some info to your sparten email. Are the webers 38/38 or 32/36 Downdraft?

Riegel Tuning 1998
5330 - 1A Street S.W.
Calgary, Alberta T2H 1Y5

Alpine Autowerks
1, 4623 Manilla Rd SE
Calgary, AB

johnrob

Reaction score
Weber 32/36
I have re-build kits for them. Does it make any sense for me to put the kits in and then get them to tune them or let them do everything?

How much is expensive??

decoupe

(deceased)
Reaction score
Expensive is a relative term but it is BMW so maybe it's just orders of magnitude. In your place, I would take the kits and car to Peter at Alpine Autowerks and get him to do the install and set up along with the valves and timing. I'm guessing this will be $500 +/-.

Then take it to Riegel if you want to chase the last 10% but only if you are obsessive about getting everything possible out at whatever cost.

See you sometime this summer. Did/do you have kids in ski racing? Name sounds familiar.

johnrob

Reaction score
Thanks for the info.

No kids in ski racing. National level volleyball, University soccer and club soccer, basketball etc. Four athletic kids - no wonder I can't find time for things!!!