What lurks beneath?

Eiremon

Site Donor $
Reaction score
E3.jpg
Here is a car that has sat under a cover for six months within a mile from my house. I was always curious as to what it was. As I started my search for an E9 I noticed the chrome centers of the wheels looked familiar. I drove by today and stopped to take a snapshot. After reviewing I believe this is clearly an E3 - there is a gap just in front of the rear wheel which confirms that it is a 4 door.

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
You should save this Eiremon. One day it will be be gone and you will wonder why you never investigated. It is 2016, people start divesting themselves of old stuff, you are fortunate, it is in your backyard! Let us know. Mike

Eiremon

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I will see if I can connect with the owner. I am not interested in restoring it myself but can see if they are interested in offering it up here. I assume that some on this forum might be interested in an E3 if the condition is good and the price is reasonable?

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
That is a 100% E3 ars peeking out. I may have interest as I am a Bostonian, already restored an E3 and looking for a father-son project.

Eiremon

Site Donor $
Reaction score
That is a 100% E3 ars peeking out. I may have interest as I am a Bostonian, already restored an E3 and looking for a father-son project.

I left a letter in their mailbox - no contact yet but I will let you know if I hear from them. I believe the car is a Polaris 3.0s - I took a quick peek under the cover to confirm. :) It looks like it has been sitting for a long time.

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
Appreciated. Hope they don't wait till first snowstorm to decide it has to go.

Eiremon

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Fast forward 18 months and I meet the owner of this car - a friend of a friend who plays on the same local soccer team as me! Go figure. The car is Polaris on Red, Auto trans and has not run in 6 years. Sadly a tree fell on it and broke the windshield / damaged the roof and sunroof. I have advised him that paying someone to restore the car will be a money losing venture. He might be content to just get it back up and running again but with the roof damaged I am not sure what his options are. I will try to get some photos and post them here when the snow clears in Boston.

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
Place local that posted they have glass for these cars. See no contour part of roof showing in picture. Maybe not that bad to get it all fixed and running again.