What's the most comfortable car you've ever driven?

Haseeb

Reaction score
Hey guys! School is back :( but I've been toying with the idea of getting rid of my Camry for something more comfortable to DD like like an old Lexus LS400 or GS350. Anyways, what's the most comfortable cars you guys have ever been in/driven?:)

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hey guys! School is back :( but I've been toying with the idea of getting rid of my Camry for something more comfortable to DD like like an old Lexus LS400 or GS350. Anyways, what's the most comfortable cars you guys have ever been in/driven?:)
A 1953 Packard Clipper. The back seat!

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
comfort is such a personal thing. i am a huge fan of the comfort of porsche seats. for a fun to drive car, that's affordable, and really comfortable (as long as you aren't sitting in the back seat behind me) i really like my son's mini cooper S hardtop 4.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
If you get something old, be worth freshening the bushings and shocks.

I really like the ride of my 94 E320 coupe, but I'm sure there are more comfortable cars out there.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
If you are looking at older used cars and want the car to be comfortable, buy something that was nice in its day and completely redo the suspension. I am of the view that most people get rid of ten to fifteen year old luxury cars because they haven't kept up with the suspensions and the cars no longer feel good. A 2000 LS400 with new suspension components and brakes, wheels that are straight and a new set of Michelin all season tires will feel great.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score

I really like the ride of my 94 E320 coupe, but I'm sure there are more comfortable cars out there.

Looks like we posted pretty much the same idea at about the same time.

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score

Please do yourself a big favor and never never ever ever mention or admit to owning a Camry on this or any other car forum again! :D

RMP

Site Donor $
Reaction score
BMW 88 M6 or M5, those seats + engine music make even a slow drive fantastic.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
My jeep cherokee. With a solid front axle and poor control arm angles, it rode like a 14th century ox cart.

I recall commuting to work with my wife and she would always spill her coffee due to the bone jarring bumps on the way out of town. :D I later upgraded to an Old Man Emu suspension and that helped with the coffee scenario.

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
I rented a Volvo wagon for a ski trip about ten years ago. Best seats I have sat in.

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score

I think the 1986-1995 E class is the most comfortable car ever built.

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Papa’s ‘94 Lincoln Towncar Cartier Edition is like driving a poofy couch down the highway. :)

It’s yuge.... we call it the USS Yorktown. Load up the 6 CD changer with Frank Sinatra and big band swing and you can cruise all day.
FCF53D0C-FA77-433D-9137-681690407B43.jpeg

Ed

WALTER

Site Donor
Reaction score
Keep it in the family - F10 BMW M550i. Quite, comfortable and supportive seats, and powerful V8; doesn't look half bad either. I bought one in Florida and drove it home to VA Beach. Felt like I had only crossed town despite driving over 400 miles; chewed up the miles with composure and speed.

For something outside the family - I rented my Dad a Ford Fusion Hybrid when he visited me last summer; that car had almost tomb like quiet and was fairly refined for a mid-sized car.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
E36 M3, have driven it 22 hours straight from the Cherokee Reservation near mile 0 of the Blue Ridge Parkway to Brunswick, Maine.

Close second, E28.