when did these change?

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I am sorting out the rear trim panel for my car. I have two in hand - neither of which are original to the car. One is presumably from a Euro car, with the rear fog light hole. The other may be from a 1969 coupe (I was told by the source). But what I find interesting is the solid panel is chromed steel (quite beautiful), whereas the fog light panel is aluminum. Otherwise, dimensionally they seem identical. Couldn't find any relevant info on RealOEM... Would love to learn any history of this piece. Thank you!
20180714-rear trims.jpg

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The earier ones, 2800cs, maybe some later, were chromed steel before going to aluminum (as is on my '72), presumably for cost savings.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The earier ones, 2800cs, maybe some later, were chromed steel before going to aluminum (as is on my '72), presumably for cost savings.
I must say, the chrome seems to be a nice fit since it lives right between two chromed tail light frames. But I still have to decide if I will punch out a hole for the fog light, or go without it. Decisions, decisions... :rolleyes: