Which Suspension? Fully adjustable. Road use.

Discussion in 'E9 Projects and Restorations' started by RandomPunter, Mar 15, 2019 at 11:08 AM.

1. RandomPunter

RandomPunter New Member

Which suspension are you all running? I want height adjustable suspension & something for quick road use. I am looking at Gaz Gold and they cost 1,000 GBP do before I push the button wondered what you lot are using. Looking to achieve height in the pic. I have already bought the 17 inch Alpinas, staggered. Appreciate comments on their performance on road or other suggestions.

Attached Files:

2. Bmachine

Bmachine Well-Known Member Site Donor $$

There is no one suspension that we are "all running". You will find at least one example of every type represented. All the way to air bags. Use the search button and type "suspension".

A simple and cost effective solution many people use is a set of new Bilstein HDs and the "Carl Nelson" springs from La Jolla Independent.

3. Belgiumbarry

Belgiumbarry Well-Known Member

On my rally car i have a "INTRAX" ( Holland) suspension ( all coil overs, adjustable) ….but than we speak of approx 5k euros and welding needed front & rear . So sure not very common …. Most have indeed the Bilstein shocks and springs with rates/height as preferred.

4. Rek

Rek Active Member

Gaz Coilovers up front, bilstein sports at the rear with Jaymic springs, plus height adjuster.