wiper arm saga

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hello all,
I've been inching towards a complete, matching set of wiper arms for some time. It hasn't been a priority, so I am not embarrassed to share that I've been noodling on this acquisition for at least a couple of years. But with a recent purchase, I feel like tightening this up. Fact is, I still do not have what I think is "correct". :confused:

GOAL: a set of matching, satin silver (stainless) wiper arms.

Here's what I have:
1. Satin passenger side. I think this one is a keeper.
2. Satin drivers side with foil - HOWEVER, I don't think it is for an E9? The angle seems wrong (matches the passenger side) and the last segment of the arm seems about 9mm too short.
3. "Was" black drivers side. The pic looks good, but this one is magnetic, was black, and could be sprayed again for application on a CSI. Does not answer my needs.
4. Chrome drivers side with no foil. I was going to fabricate the foil, but it is chrome and does not match my satin arm (or my current goal).

20181124-wiper assortment.jpg

Questions:
- what is my number 2 wiper arm for? (if not an e9) Is this a 2002 arm?
- does anyone have a satin drivers arm available?
- eventually, I will want to part with some of these - let me know if there is a strong "want" or "need". Although, right now I am using these "extras" as placeholders and/or for templates, etc.

Thank you in advance for shedding some light on this.
Stephen

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Loving what @Keshav and @Stevehose are saying. That would suggest I am closer to my matched set than I realized. YAY! :D

But I wonder what the 22 degree versions are for.
And yes, #2 foil has seen better days. If this turns out to be correct, I may drill the pins, straighten it up, and then re-pin it with solid rivets.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
E12‘s maybe, specially if they were black.
I think Harry still has/ had a pair or atleast the one with the foil.........
Harry is who I received the last one (number 2) from. Assuming your info is correct, he just completed my set. So it looks like I might have a chrome and a "was" black arm available to someone - I just need to figure out what they are actually for. :confused: