Wiper switch part number question

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
My car has the wiper switch PN 1 355 743. It's the one on the right side for late '73 and up.

The arm is very loose and floppy so I bought a new one from a forum member in Europe. Everything appears to be the same except that the writing at the end of the arm has the european graphic icons for wipers while on mine it is the DOT mandated english writing "WIPERS". And the part number is different. It is 1 354 486.

There is a slight difference in the wiring loom in that my original one includes a wire for the little light next to the key and the euro one does not include it. I could simply take it from one and put it on the other. No biggie.

Does anyone know if there are differences between those two, apart from the icon vs writing on the tip? I'd rather not put it in and find out later that I have to take it back out.
A search on the forum only mentions 1 355 743 from way back in 2009

Thank you

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
OK, I'm going to answer my own question here. They key to solving the mystery was to find the equivalent part number in BMW language. I found it thanks to @Sebs. It is 61311360977.

That, according to both realoem and WN is the currently available replacement part for the late model wiper switch.

Last edited:

Krzysztof

Site Donor
Reaction score
According to BMW rules any change is impacting part number.

But as always this is not a golden rule and sometimes BMW keeps the number changing the supplier or material. But this is minority of cases I know.