Wipers and Switches

gte619n

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm still trying to sort through exactly what I've got with my newly acquired project and I was wondering if you could help me with a few switches and wiper identification?

Switches
So looking through the User Manual, I understand that the left (green) switch is for my rear fog light, as it's a euro car. I don't seem to have any front fogs... should I?

The yellow switch is for the rear defroster? I have a hazard light (not pictured) but it doesn't seem like it's the same. It actually has "Hazard" written across it.

Are these switches correct? Also, is there a single connector for these (the hazard has one) or are they connected using individual spade connectors?

Wipers

Seems to me like one of these is not like the other. Which one is the correct one, the silver or the black? Should I check the usual (CoupeKing/La Jolla) for the other one or is there a better, wiper/post/motor option?

Thanks for any help!

E

Attachments

• Underdash Buttons #1.jpg
    Underdash Buttons #1.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 126
  • Underdash Buttons #2.jpg
    Underdash Buttons #2.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 113
  • Underdash Connectors #1.jpg
    Underdash Connectors #1.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 123
  • Underdash Connectors #2.jpg
    Underdash Connectors #2.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 115
  • Wiper #1.jpg
    Wiper #1.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 119
  • Wiper #2.jpg
    Wiper #2.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 109
  • Wiper #3.jpg
    Wiper #3.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 121
  • Wiper #4.jpg
    Wiper #4.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 120

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Your switches are correct and they have individual spaded wires that connect to them.

What year is your car? I think later cars got the black wipers but most i have seen are chrome or satin.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Front fogs were an aftermarket thing; the rear fog was factory.

As to the connections, I highly recommend this diagram, assuming you car is a 71, 72 or 73. http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-3-0csi-...-17-/320343044744?hash=item4a95eef288&vxp=mtr

The hazard and rear defroster have multiple connections; you still have to look really closely at the back of each switch to find the numbers, but at least the diagram will tell you which numbered terminal corresponds to the color coded wires.

If this diagram is not appropriate to your car, there is a detailed diagram at the back of your user manual. It contains this same information, but is smaller and a little more complex to read.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Prosperos isn't bad but I wish they had the proper wire colors. And no one has a late 73 wiring diagram with the window circuit breakers, not even the Blue Books.