Wiring & hardware for 72 CSi front electric window

SoCalE9

Reaction score
I have a 72 CSi with manual front windows. What wiring and hardware are required to add electric windows? I have the console switches so that is start. What other pieces do I need?

SoCalE9

61porsche

Reaction score
SoCal,

The repair manual show the process. ( Body equipment section)

The manual lifts are prized by certain owners for weight savings.( racers and csl) You might want to post in the for sale section for a swap for someone who wants a trade.

Stranger things have happened.

pamp

Reaction score
Wild

An all manual car is a plus. To say the OEM electric stuff is lame would be an understatement. Some have gone to extraordinary measures to improve. See "fastest windows in the west" If it were me, I would stick with what you have and feel blessed.
Otherwise, I would go all custom, GM motors and the like, used by the hot rod crowd.

decoupe

(deceased)
Reaction score
To say the OEM electric stuff is lame would be an understatement.

Pamp:

Now that is cruel. I did a full degrease and service last year and even without doing JJ's wiring upgrade all 4 of my electrics are pretty sprightly with the rear quarter's fast enough to slice mounds of "Julian fries" (vegamatic reference there). Having said that, I'm seriously thinking of a trade offer.

Almost made it to Comox but that wind storm on the 25th chased me out of BC. Mustn't get my feet wet.

Doug

decampos

Reaction score
I thoroughly greased the regulators and runners and really laboriously packed it in to every nook and corner and now the windows travel at a very respectable clip. I say update your poverty-spec wind up windows. Because you'll be doing it from scratch they'll behave like factory fresh windows and you'll sidestep the 'restoration' grief of what many here had to endure.