Wood veneer replacement

Rex Kapriellian

Reaction score
You can’t but the pre-cut veneer as a kit. You can buy veneer and related supplies online or at your local fine wordworking store. Otherwise you can ship your core wood off to @bela22 or Madera Concepts.
Markos, I’m not looking for the pre cut ones, I just assumed NLA, but thanks for confirming. I am looking for a source that the guys use in the forum to source out material close to original.

Anyone in SoCal or the phoenix area?

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I purchased a 2 ft by 4 ft roll of walnut veneer in the Boston area and the cost was $100. I have not used it yet so I don't know much about the color. My son used the same on his 2000CS.

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
My son made the wood door trim out of solid walnut which was dried so it wood not crack. Came out real nice.
I will try to get you the source. If you want the piece that I have I will sell it for what it cost me which was $106.25 including MA. Sales tax. Plus shipping cost.
Thanks

Rex Kapriellian

Reaction score
Check this out, left or right?

Attachments

• 5A97882A-B0E7-4AB7-BFDE-68FD262E64F6.jpeg
    5A97882A-B0E7-4AB7-BFDE-68FD262E64F6.jpeg
    266.3 KB · Views: 217

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
If it's walnut it should be the darker one. I bought mine for a 2000cs and it looks quite a bit darker.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Are you looking for something w/the original style grain, but lighter?

I'm thinking the one on the left if that's the case.

eriknetherlands

Site Donor
Reaction score
Sorry, which one do you think looks closer to the original. The veneer sheet on the left or the right. Yes, there’s a difference.
The one on the right is 'bookmarked' (I think that is the English term for it). It's made up of sections the same log, split lengthwise, layed open and joined.
Our coupes are made with a single, non bookmarked sheet. So for style and originally left is most close to oem.

But: your car, your wallet, so your preference.
Let us know what you choose and how it comes out.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A520F met Tapatalk

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Book-matched is the term, but yes, you are correct...ours are never matched, only single flat-cut French, English, Italian, etc.. (actually Persian originally..) Walnut...the kind that we all usually eat. Not American walnut veneer. Color is completely different...

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
I purchased a 2 ft by 4 ft roll of walnut veneer in the Boston area and the cost was $100. I have not used it yet so I don't know much about the color. My son used the same on his 2000CS.

Harry
The European walnut looks a bit different than NA black walnut.

I’ve bought veneer from these folks with good results. https://www.google.com/search?q=woo...l=new#istate=lrl:iv&rlimm=1784677580669125326

They list it as Euro and/or French walnut. $7.50 a sq foot.

John