WTB - Alpina Front Spoiler

coupeguy

Site Donor
Reaction score
I would LOVE for someone to show me a period picture identifiable as an Alpina car with anything like that spoiler. I could call my spoilers (acutally airdams) Alpina copies, but that would not make them copies of an Alpina. Alpina had a couple different airams, none of them looked like that one.

bert35csi

Site Donor
Reaction score
This is fellow forum member Duane Swords' fabulous Alpina "inspired" coupe. IMHO, this Alpina airdam is the "gold standard" for CS chin spoilers. Looks much better than the original CSL version.

3721908861_8806cc7d05_o.jpg
[/url]

bmwmadman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
As bert35csi has posted - I'm looking for this type of spoiler. They are much smaller than the CSL and many of the standard airdams version that are out today. Someone referred to one of these smaller spoiler as a "CHIN" spoiler... Whatever the case I'm looking for a new or used genuine one. My second choice is buy a reproduction or to copy a real one and have someone make a mold....

pmansson

Reaction score
Alpina B2 spoiler

Somewhere I saw one which looked quite different, if I remember correctly. It was on a white car with Alpina´s blue and green decals.
Only seen such a spoiler once.

duane_sword

Reaction score
Suggest you contact Mario Langsten at Vintage Sports & Racing (www.vsr1.com) and he may be able to source you the Alpina (original or replica) chin spoiler.

Thank you Bert35CSi for the complement, I also like the clean look of the Alpina chin spoiler (yes my Alpina goodies are all original, but I have just a regular CS, not a B2) and I think it complements the Euro-style chrome bumpers well.

For a more aggressive and sporting look, I also like the style on Tod Bryant's car (also prepared by Mario Langsten of VSR) and you can see his striking car below:

27.JPG

http://www.boston-bmwcca.org/Event_Photos/Slides/Concours_2006/27.JPG

duane_sword

Reaction score
Close ups of my Alpina chin spoiler

couple of up close and personal photos of my Alpina chin spoiler.

Duane

Attachments

• BavShow_08_2.jpg
    BavShow_08_2.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 481
  • DSC01992.jpg
    DSC01992.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 599
  • 021_small.jpg
    021_small.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 473

bert35csi

Site Donor
Reaction score
Suggest you contact Mario Langsten at Vintage Sports & Racing (www.vsr1.com) and he may be able to source you the Alpina (original or replica) chin spoiler.

Awhile back, Mario had offer to make a reproduction of the Alpina spoiler and was gauging interest on this board, quite a few people had express interest, including myself. Unfortunately, for whatever reasons, he decided not to go ahead with the project.

Tony.dreamer

Raider of the lost parts
Site Donor $
Reaction score
IMG_0812.PNG
IMG_1424.JPG
IMG_1973.JPG
I bought one from Coupe king few months ago and they look well made. I also bought the air dam version just prior to that from VSR (Mario & Chris) which is what I put on my car I am restoring .
Top photo is not my car. It's a photo I had saved while back when I was investigating these.

LeG9ND

Reaction score
Found this Alpina chin on German eBay today. Gone in 60 seconds unfortunately… Decided to post pics here in case someone wants to photo reference the dimensions of the Alpina logo

A6F7A0CB-5F17-4C7C-8A55-F9FF316AC526.png
E9F235BE-7CF6-452F-867D-2E280CE804F4.png
D5ABA114-E2AE-46C1-A946-A4948A5B9B33.png

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score
The earliest Alpina spoiler I recall seeing was on the silver Alpina B2S Cari Iida restored in the mid 90's. Today, that car is an icon, anyone know where it is currently being conserved? That (earliest?) spoiler has something of a cutout in the center, for a floor jack perhaps? I have also seen pictures of the early Alpina blue and red CSL with both of the earlier non-air-dam spoilers: the one like Mario has and the one like on this B2S. Thats the one I have on "my" shelf for my "B2S" build, gifted to me decades ago along with a Motorsport-tagged rubber-lipped boot spoiler from Boyd and Franz Fechner (RiP)
B2S.png

Mario L.

Reaction score
Alpina B2S

Friends, I have had to fortune of having one of these in my shop for an engine overhaul / refresh. During this time the very kind owner, (you know who you are, THANK YOU!) allowed us to digitally scan the cylinder head, combustion chamber, intake and exhaust tracts, and replicate the pistons. We will now offer this as a service, either building you a complete B2S replica engine or as an out service for those who desire to build their own engine.

When I have all the pieces on a bench I will post some pictures of the original Alpina head and our replica. The latter of which will be contemporary as a CNC machined piece. The Alpina is beautiful, and during our scan work we found that none of the combustion chambers are identical, and that the intake and exhaust have variations. Very clearly Alpina did all of this work by hand.

Mario L.
VSR1.com

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
this is extremely interesting Mario. one bit of curiosity is whether they found it necessary to modify some of the combustion chambers due to variation in either the intake or exhaust flows. i know there is no way to determine that ... didn't know if the variations were subtle or a bit more obvious.