WTB: CSi Air Filter Housing & Rear center Light Panel (Early)

ChristopherL

Reaction score
I am searching for a CSi air filter housing - Upper & lower section. Finish is not important, provided it is not badly damaged/dented.

I also need an early rear center light panel, that does NOT have holes in it for license plate mounting holes. Would prefer one without opening for a rear fog.

Please email me directly with cost and condition information.
Paypal waiting, and I can email a pre-paid shipping label.
[email protected]

Thank you kindly,
-Chris

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Got a picture of the center panel you need? I thought all of them has holes for the license panel

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Got a picture of the center panel you need? I thought all of them has holes for the license panel

i agree,
i think that all the aluminium rear panels do have three holes with a conical negative shape around
then you have the two versions with or without fog lamp hole

probably you mean without additional holes for license plate

Last edited:

bert35csi

Site Donor
Reaction score
Also, the early 2800CS center plates were nicer and more robust (heavier). They were chromed plated brass vs the cheap and flimsy looking anodized aluminum plates that were fitted to the later coupes.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Starting in 73 US coupes had additional holes for the license plate lamps, I think this is what he is referring to.

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Also, the early 2800CS center plates were nicer and more robust (heavier). They were chromed plated brass vs the cheap and flimsy looking anodized aluminum plates that were fitted to the later coupes.

my guess is they change the material because of the need to include a cut out for the fog lamp
2800 had a independent hanging fog lamp right ?

ChristopherL

Reaction score
Sorry, I was corralling my 1 year old while trying to post - HB Chris is correct - I am looking for one without the additional license plate light holes.

Thank you,
-Chris

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
On the early panels (chrome over brass), some have been drilled for license plate mounting instead of using a bracket that uses the original holes. check out the pic from the polaris '70 on BaT. so i'm sure that he doesn't want this type or the newer US type with the license lamp holes. Chris, i think i have one, but i am unsure of the condition ... i will check tonight

26.jpg

bert35csi

Site Donor
Reaction score
my guess is they change the material because of the need to include a cut out for the fog lamp
2800 had a independent hanging fog lamp right ?

Most likely much cheaper and easier to mass produce. Also, relatively few coupes worldwide were fitted with the integrated rear fog lamps and here in the US, they were illegal.

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
I might have the trim part and a filter box, I will send you an email, I will have to look at the condition of the trim part

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
I found the one trim part I was planning on parting with, but probably not in good enough condition to fix as it has a hole in the area with all the ribs