WTB: Granatrot 3.0 CS

CadillacGreen

Reaction score
My better half gave me the green (or is it red) light to start hunting for a Granatrot 3.0 CS. I believe this limits me to 1974 and later only, right?

Prefer no sunroof, black interior, A/C....

AT is fine as are the stock bumpers...

I wish I could get back my old one that is in Seattle somewhere...

Thanks!

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Worked on Bob P's Granot today-
When the paint is the color is gorgeous.
I have another in my shop with fresh paint- stunning.
One of my favorite colors.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Garnet red.....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 281

bill

Site Donor
Reaction score
It is a beautiful color, IMHO. Nice distinction from the usual silvers and blues flying around...

CadillacGreen

Reaction score
Yep,

That's my old one. Came out of the Bay Area.

I have been hitting myself over the head for selling it to Scott the moment it left the driveway, but you cannot go back. I missed it coming up for sale later as well, which was unfortunate.

So dry, so clean.....

There are maybe 3 cars I wish I had never sold in my life. That Granatrot ranks as my #1.

BavarianCream

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I'm taking good care of her!

Hi Cadillac Green, as Sven mentioned and you can see in the thread "we've" (Sven doing with me watching) done a lot of work on her since I purchased the car from Scott.

In addition to the mechanical upgrades I'm almost finished with front and back new leather on the seats.

I drive her all the time, short trips to the grocery store are now ending up in North Bend and my wife's starting to question my whereabouts on a nightly basis. She's so fast (not the wife) just flys and the new exhaust sounds brilliant!

I have to admit I wasn't into the color in the beginning, but over the past year or so that has completely changed and I think it's beautiful.

Again, this is not to rub it in, I did the same thing you did in 2008 selling a coupe that I really regretted, but there is always another one out there if your patient and this is to let you know that she's being well loved and looked after. I'm thrilled to be the new owner and don't mind tapping my IRA to ensure she gets what she needs.

If you're ever in Seattle please reach out, I'd love to have you take her for a spin as long as you promise to bring her back!

best,
micheal

CadillacGreen

Reaction score
I am just glad it is still here on the forum.

Enjoy it....

I have plenty of patience in waiting for my next Granatrot

CadillacGreen

Reaction score
As I recall, that car had the original leather on all but the driver's front seat and still had the original carpet, radio, etc.

It needed new wood, but the dash had only one very minor crack near the defrost vents.

All in all, that car was really a nice original example to start with.

When Scott removed the markers and the automatic emblem, were they able to fog it in very well?

Sigh....

Like I said, #1 "wish I had it back" car.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
A buddy had one. Faded paint, possibly not original but close. After a great respray in the original color I fell in love with it. Combines all the virtues of dark colors and light in one color.

BavarianCream

Site Donor $
Reaction score
The car did have original leather but it had really dried out and the font driver seat had a lot of cracks and the backs were scratched during the rebuild so I decided to have them redone, and as mentioned the rears are in, fronts hopefully next week.

Side marker delete and older style bumpers look great, I think that was done by CoupeKing, we had the engine bay painted when everything was out and they actually got that pretty close.

Original radio and carpet still there, and I decided to re-install the Automatic emblem on the back as I preferred it to the 3 plugs.

I'll upload a couple of pics.

Attachments

• IMG_2273.jpg
    IMG_2273.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 238
  • IMG_2275.jpg
    IMG_2275.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_2277.jpg
    IMG_2277.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 251

CadillacGreen

Reaction score
I remember when I bought it, the front driver side of the hood would slightly rub against the paint on the front clip. I had that adjusted so it didn't do that anymore. There was also a dribble on the passenger side C pillar that I never rubbed out.

The automatic emblem is better looking than 3 plugs.

BTW, the car spent time in Las Vegas, not Arizona. The funny thing is that I live now in the neighborhood where the car spent most of its life. As I recall, the car was originally in Burlingame or Millbrae, California. I live in Millbrae, the opposite side of my street is Burlingame.

Best drive I ever had was that car from Las Vegas to Seattle in one day. I am surprised I didn't burn up the motor since it was an 3 speed AT, but it was the most memorable road trip I ever went on.

I intended to stop in Boise for the night, but I got there and just kept going.

Loved every minute....

Eiremon

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Very nice color. Every time I see a new color on an E9 it becomes my favorite. Yesterday it was Riviera Blue, today it's Granatrot. It is very classy and suits this car's design better than the Verona red of the same era.