WTB Late E9 lockset, complete

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Wasn’t planning on selling mine but I have a full set. Ignition is still attached to the column, and I have a matching glovebox lock.

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
Folks,

I am searching for a complete lock set, 1 key to allow access to the whole car . . Cash in hand!
( a car with 3 different keys and a worn out ignition tumbler is no fun)

Mario L.

[email protected]
Mario, have you tried getting the locks you have re-indexed so they all match? I did and it was easy. The only caveat is they usually have to match the trunk key, as that particular lock, is the most difficult to change for some strange reason. The ignition is the easiest, remarkably enough. I did this and now everything uses a single key...

Just call Blaine at Santa Monica Lock and Key. Send your locks and ignition barrell to them, they'll clean everything up, re-index them and test them to make sure the keys all work. It was a fraction of what buying new locks were going to set me back. They even have the spare keys...

Last edited:

Krzysztof

Site Donor
Reaction score
Mario, have you tried getting the locks you have re-indexed so they all match? I did and it was easy. The only caveat is they usually have to match the trunk key, as that particular lock, is the most difficult to change for some strange reason. The ignition is the easiest, remarkably enough. I did this and now everything uses a single key...

Just call Blaine at Santa Monica Lock and Key. Send your locks and ignition barrell to them, they'll clean everything up, re-index them and test them to make sure the keys all work. It was a fraction of what buying new locks were going to set me back. They even have the spare keys...

Have you been re-indexing the lock by yourself or with a help of the mentioned company from Santa Monica?

Does anyone saw the coding Pebra was using? I know there are specific books for blacksmiths with "dictionaries"? I was not able to find one so far but maybe there is one out there?