Wtb parts for 4spd conversion

KISSLUST

Reaction score
GREETINGS,

I am looking for parts to do a 4spd conversion on my 3.0 cs. I have the pedals only. Need the rest will buy all or piece it together.. Need, Tranny, shifter, console etc.. Also any info of other cars that can be used would be appreciated..

:)

steve in reno

Reaction score
A 4sp conversion will cost only about $100 +/- less to complete than a 5sp.
I am not trying to sell you anything.
If you were closer I would, as I have all of the parts, 4sp conversion, you need.
Just a suggestion, you'll wish you had!
steve

steve in reno

Reaction score
The 5sp comes from a different year and model. Getrag 265 for the OD model.
Do a search on the forum as it has been well documented. Also use the tech info.
The ship between us would be a killer, and there will be some parts available closer to Alabama.
Don't be in a hurry. Collect all of your parts. I did the conversion from 4>5 sp. Not hard.
steve

Bill Riblett

(deceased)
Reaction score
A 4sp conversion will cost only about $100 +/- less to complete than a 5sp.
steve
Only if you are really LUCKY scrounging parts.
Nobody wants 4 speeds so their value is low.

The desirable 5 speeds (ones which have speedometer cable drives) come from 1980-81 5/6/7 series cars so supply is limited.

The one good thing I can think of about doing a 5 speed conversion in an automatic car is that if you have a 3.0, you can use the auto driveshaft (I did), where you will have to have a 4 speed driveshaft cut shorter (which alone will cost more than $100).

KISSLUST

Reaction score
I hope that I am not bitting of more than I can chew trying to do the swap. My car is a 1974 3.0CS. Will the tranny from an early 6 series e24 work? :-D

Bill Riblett

(deceased)
Reaction score
I hope that I am not bitting of more than I can chew trying to do the swap. My car is a 1974 3.0CS. Will the tranny from an early 6 series e24 work? :-D
Yes if it is 82 or earlier. The later 6 series trans will work, but they won't have provision for speedometer cables.