WTB-Trunk Roundel, new or great condition?

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Gary, out of curiosity, did you ask W+N if they have one with an embossed 'BMW'?

I called Carl Nelson and he said all new are smooth finish. Said maybe Coupe King would have used one. Not going there.
I emailed W&N but haven't heard back yet. Seems all they have are flat ones.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Gary,

I’m not sure how industrious you are feeling, but the old raised founders lend themselves to a like-new restoration. They are made from aluminum (which can be polished), along with standard enamel paint.

BTW - The original front roundel fits in the rear, inside the pedestal.

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Gary,

I’m not sure how industrious you are feeling, but the old raised founders lend themselves to a like-new restoration. They are made from aluminum (which can be polished), along with standard enamel paint.

BTW - The original front roundel fits in the rear, inside the pedestal.

I have that thought in mind. Just hoping to find one as I can always tell one that has been done by hand.
Thanks,

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
W&N has curved trunk Roundel but they are smooth.
Going to check with Jaymic and see if theirs is truly embossed like it looks.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Jaymic has front embossed Roundels if you are looking but not the rear.
Still LOOKING.

Do the Jaymic front roundels have an integrated pedestal? I have a NOS front roundel like that. The original OEM emblems fit into a front pedestal, or a rear pedestal - the same emblem. If the Jaymic ones are like the original, they should fit on the factory rear pedestal.

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Do the Jaymic front roundels have an integrated pedestal? I have a NOS front roundel like that. The original OEM emblems fit into a front pedestal, or a rear pedestal - the same emblem. If the Jaymic ones are like the original, they should fit on the factory rear pedestal.

This is all very confusing but this is what the guy from Jaymic told me.
The bases are long gone for us mortals.

Sorry, CSCR.3097 is for the bonnet. The bootlid emblem is part CSCR.1012, which I’m sorry to say doesn’t have the raised lettering.

The fact that the bonnet roundel now comes as a single piece comprising the badge and the shaped mounting section might have caught you out, as it makes the whole item look more like the bootlid roundel. Plus I didn’t noticed you’d written boot emblem in your original email, which didn’t help matters much.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Maybe I can snap some pics tonight. I just sold a
This is all very confusing but this is what the guy from Jaymic told me.
The bases are long gone for us mortals.

Sorry to hear. I shipped one to @Wladek three weeks ago. In the pics you can see how the standard rased roundel fits into the base.

https://www.e9coupe.com/forum/threads/sold-rear-trunk-roundel-base-37-shipped.30212/

I can snap pictures of the different parts tonight if it helps with the confusion. This is what I have. All of my parts are cores that need to be restored, as is the case with just about every BMW thing that I own.

1. Smooth rear roundel with integrated rear base
2. Raised rear roundel with integrated rear base
3. Stand-alone rear roundel base
4. Stand-alone front roundel base
5. Roundels that fit into front/rear base
6. Smooth front roundel with integrated front base​