WTB: Tundra, Agave.. any color as long as it's Green CS

CadillacGreen

Reaction score
Looking for a well sorted Green E9, this mean any shade of Green... including Taiga, Jadegrun, Turkis, Mintgrun, etc.

I just have a thing for Green... (but NOT a Cadillac... that's a guitar color in my username)

I foolishly sold my Granatrot Red one three years ago and now am ready to re-enter the field of owners/lovers...

Located in the Bay Area so anything on the West Coast or California would be preferable, to avoid the major rust out and such.

I would prefer a really solid original one like my Granatrot one was.

1974 big bumpers do not bother me in the slightest, hahaha!!!

Would prefer a non sunroof if possible...

Cash in hand and ready to buy!

Other colors to consider would be Granatrot and Malaga...

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

CadillacGreen

Reaction score
Yeah,

I sent him a PM already to see if he did. It looks like the right kind of car for me...

We'll see the situation...

Thanks!

tmason

Reaction score
Not sure if he is interested in selling but Brian at Rennsport here in Reno has a 72(I think) that is a Olive green color(not a factor color) with a 3.5+5spd and a red interior.Not sure about rust issues and still needs some assembly but not a bad looking car.
His # 775-331-4366 and mention my name. Tim

CadillacGreen

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. I am really after an original clean example if possible. Something like the one that DBCouper was selling. I never heard back from him on my PM so I assume he sold it.

Thanks for all the help so far!

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I am PM'ing you his contact info

Thanks for the tip. I am really after an original clean example if possible. Something like the one that DBCouper was selling. I never heard back from him on my PM so I assume he sold it.

Thanks for all the help so far!

CadillacGreen

Reaction score
Yep,

I have been in contact with them about meeting sometime in April if nothing shows up between now and then.

Thanks!

CadillacGreen

Reaction score
DBCouper's car was sold to someone in Southern California (San Diego?).

Still on the hunt!

Thanks to all who have replied with leads so far!

lawdog1

Reaction score
sent you a PM. I just bought my first CS last week (which is why I'm new to this forum), a tundra green 1970 2800cs no sunroof, manual transmission. It appears to have been kept in really good condition and is mostly original, although it has been repainted probably a long time ago. It appears the car spent much of its life in CA and then moved to Arizona a decade ago where it was hardly ever driven. The engine bay and underside look really clean and there doesn't appear to be any major rust issues. The owner kept meticulous records.

After reading/drooling so much about these coupes, this one came along and was too tempting to pass up ... I came here hoping to find some posts from the previous owner to perhaps get some more background, but I haven't seen any yet. His name is all over the service records but out of respect for his privacy I will not post it.

I'm torn on whether I should keep it or sell it ....

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I came here hoping to find some posts from the previous owner to perhaps get some more background, but I haven't seen any yet. His name is all over the service records but out of respect for his privacy I will not post it.

It would be highly unethical to sell his name, I would keep it.

Unless you were referring to the car...

Do send pictures (of the car) and we will advise on next steps :).

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
sent you a PM. I just bought my first CS last week (which is why I'm new to this forum), a tundra green 1970 2800cs no sunroof, manual transmission. It appears to have been kept in really good condition and is mostly original, although it has been repainted probably a long time ago. It appears the car spent much of its life in CA and then moved to Arizona a decade ago where it was hardly ever driven. The engine bay and underside look really clean and there doesn't appear to be any major rust issues. The owner kept meticulous records.

After reading/drooling so much about these coupes, this one came along and was too tempting to pass up ... I came here hoping to find some posts from the previous owner to perhaps get some more background, but I haven't seen any yet. His name is all over the service records but out of respect for his privacy I will not post it.

go to www.e9-driven.com and see if it is registered. If not, please do.
You may not find the owner by name as many use a nom-de-coupe when the post :D

lawdog1

Reaction score
Hah, no his personal information is not for sale!

It's sitting in my dark warehouse so pics won't be that good. Here are some from how I bought it a few weeks ago.

It came with a ton of records that I'm slowly going through. Looks like it was restored in the late 80s at a cost of nearly $10k!

I bought it thinking I was going to do something custom like an s54 swap but it looks too nice to mess with. Fresh paint and some minor details is about all I'd do to it

Last edited:

lawdog1

Reaction score
go to www.e9-driven.com and see if it is registered. If not, please do.
You may not find the owner by name as many use a nom-de-coupe when the post :D

I checked before buying it and it comes up with almost no info. In the records he kept, he has an 80's CS member roster printout that he was a part of. Looks like he also live in Virginia.

CadillacGreen

Reaction score
Hmm...

Was that thick layer of dust a factory option at one point?

;)

I wonder what it looks like under the hood...

lawdog1

Reaction score
Hmm...

Was that thick layer of dust a factory option at one point?

;)

I wonder what it looks like under the hood...

lol, it actually looks stellar under the hood. The engine is cleaner and drier than my 08 30k mile M Coupe! I'll try to snap a photo later today

lawdog1

Reaction score
What is the VIN?

The PO managed to keep it out of the limelight for some 45 years so out of respect for him and the vehicle, I will do the same at least until I decide its future .... I've only had it for a few days now. I will tell you nothing much comes up with googling.