WTB window tensioner spring

Rex Kapriellian

Reaction score
Does anyone have one or two of these laying around?

Attachments

• C00ADF39-7362-417A-A79F-4FCEE8AD6B81.jpeg
    C00ADF39-7362-417A-A79F-4FCEE8AD6B81.jpeg
    534.4 KB · Views: 107

Wladek

Reaction score
Indeed mechanism will work without them, but if you don't have policarbonate light csl windows, just standard heavy glass - motors & gears woun't last long, as these springs make soft start when lifting + additional torque.
If someone have dirty rails with old "plastic" grease - it is just matter of minutes to burn the motor's without that springs.

Thomas76

Site Donor $
Reaction score
If there are any left after rex gets what he needs I'd be interested in a couple as well. I found a broken rear this week.

Thomas76

Site Donor $
Reaction score
This thread is inspiring me to hunt for an alternative new spring during a boring conference call. Perhaps there is a generic spiral torsion spring that comes close.

Gazz

Site Donor
Reaction score
You don't have to buy the stuff - make the stuff! I mean, look at it, it's a strip of spring steel wound round a simple form with the end bent.

Wladek

Reaction score
Yeah, Gazz is right, but only if you want it to be a wall decoration;)
There are shops that specialize in springs production, you just need to take your second good one spring to them as a pattern.

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
One of mine fractured. I was actually able to weld it together and its been a few years....but my windows are manual.

stphers

Reaction score
These springs are quite heavy, I am pretty sure that most are the same so a 2002 would work, Porsche ones will work ( expensive because it is a Porsche )
I had a quick look at Pelican and Sierra Madre Porsche parts because I seem to remember being able to get that spring in a little kit but nothing at either.