WTB: Working BOSCH Compressor

vanak60

Reaction score
I've attached a pic of my compressor. I'm looking for a replacement. Please let me know if ya'all have any for sale.

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_8854.JPG
    IMG_8854.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 281

mosearch

Reaction score
I also need a compressor and a few other AC parts as mine are oddly missing. I am not sure which model I need; can anyone point me at a good rebuild/service article of discussion of how to renovate our AC systems...R134 or not, etc...

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score

Randy

Reaction score
This is the compressor I have on my car. Its orinally a r12 pump but my lines have r134 charge ports. Is any one using r134 with this pump. If i put r134 in and the oil in compressor is for r12 then it is bad. But r12 can be put in a pump using r134 oil. Some of these old pmps can not be used with 134.at all. Any one know if 134 can be used in this pump?
I guess a can drain and refill with r12 oil and but a new dryer and expansion valve. R12 all the way.

aearch

Site Donor $
Reaction score
go figure i have one from my 74 oem puppy this will work with 134 just drain it and change the oil type tp pag
what happened to your compressor
theyre fairly stable units heres the puppy
holy toledo i better check i still have it
ill send a note after dinner
ac-jpg.17719

Last edited:

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I also have one from my '74 that is yours (or anyone's) for the cost of shipping. I could use it for a boat anchor, but I don't have a boat!No guarantee of condition, as the AC was leaking when I got the car, so I just rebuilt the entire system using a genuine Sanden

paul cain

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I also have one from my '74 that is yours (or anyone's) for the cost of shipping. I could use it for a boat anchor, but I don't have a boat!No guarantee of condition, as the AC was leaking when I got the car, so I just rebuilt the entire system using a genuine Sanden

Gary,
Do you still have that boat anchor Bosch compressor? I am interested. Thanks Paul Cain

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Paul,

Yes, and it is yours for the cost of shipping. Heading out to DC for a few days, and I'll weigh it upon return. If you'll send me your zip code, I'll give you an estimate on shipping cost (FedEx probably).

Cheers,

Gary--

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Good to know, I'm new at this. I actually have one on my 2800cs but my gas mileage plummeted when put a belt on it.
Then the compressor may be working, but the clutch isn't.

In any case, if you intend to actually use the AC, you should consider a switch to a modern compressor like a Sanden...generally under $200 brand new.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Yeah, I gave my original compressor for the cost of shipping, like Gary did earlier in this thread. The newer compressors are so much more efficient that it makes little sense to stick with the original.

bmw2800cs

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Then the compressor may be working, but the clutch isn't.

In any case, if you intend to actually use the AC, you should consider a switch to a modern compressor like a Sanden...generally under $200 brand new.
What does it take to swap in the Sanden - is there other stuff involved or does it just swap in?

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score

Lots of info on this site. Search "AC Upgrade" or "AC compressor "

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I have one too from the 35k car.
Don't know if it works but thought someone might want it someday. I do have a boat but it weighs almost as much. LOL.
Why are we all keeping these? Probably get more as salvage than selling.
Gary