Ye Olde Exhaust Question

DavidPorter

Reaction score
Well, I finally need to break down and replace most of it. I will probably get a stainless system, but beyond that I don't know what's good and what's not. I wouldn't mind a subtle decibel increase but nothing dramatic. Currently the engine has high-comp pistons, a sportier cam (as far as you can go with D-Jet anyway) and Stahl headers.

So what do people like?

corsachili

Reaction score
I have essentially the stock system, with only the intermediate exhaust deleted. I don't know if it's even available anymore, but my CS and now my CSL were built without it.

Personally I hate loud exhaust on anything except for a motorcycle. With my stock system (center muffler, rear resonator) the exhaust is perfect for me. In fact, driving home this afternoon on Hwy 17 in the fast lane I was throughly enjoying the sounds the engine, intake and exhaust were making at 4K RPM. Bouncing off that center concrete barrier even the guy in the Testarossa next to me heard it.

So my 2 cents worth is to leave it essentially stock, just remove that small intermediate muffler that goes over the rear axle.