You guys think our coupes are bad

Bertocchi

Reaction score
IMO the ugliest Ferrari ever made and an $8K car even in good condition. I have been a Ferrari mechanic for thirty four years and the hysteria over anything with a Prancing Horse on it is nuts. They have become investments and not cars. All of this has pushed me away and loving my e9! :-D

chicane

Reaction score
IMO the ugliest Ferrari ever made and an $8K car even in good condition. I have been a Ferrari mechanic for thirty four years and the hysteria over anything with a Prancing Horse on it is nuts. They have become investments and not cars. All of this has pushed me away and loving my e9! :-D

I agree with you. The four headlight 330's are butt ugly and look like a weird looking Citroen.

jranmann

Banned
Reaction score
What's a bit of rust between an owner and an e9?...this photo is from it's good side...
you don't even wanna see the other...lol!

Picture10-3.png

This e9 will become my personal challenge, will never see a mile of roadway again
aside from the trailer height but the car will serve a higher purpose...

In case you are wondering fellow aficionados, the whitewalls are spoken for
and will be donated to a museum in Los Angeles...umm ... but wait..
...until you all see what I do with it...stay tuned?

Cheers!

Ran

PS. The answer to the inevitable is NO, Stan you cannot register this car on the Registry, yet. (unless you already have...?)
Rest assured that eventually it will take it's rightful place of honor, there...

Oh...and just in case you are wondering Stan, this is NOT the missing Sean Penn parts car.....

:mrgreen:

Last edited:

jranmann

Banned
Reaction score
Citroen makes great cars to this day...One just perhaps needs to appreciate Riette Patte while viewing naked shots
of Nicole Kidmann in the days newspapers to fully appreciate their beauty...esp. the touring cars...

800px-1972_Citroen_DS_station_wagon_03.jpg

The maseratti motors sound pretty nice too...!
Who would ever mistake this for a Peugeot or a Volvo?

Cheers!

PS. The answer is NO Stan you cannot register this car...

jranmann

Banned
Reaction score
probably too many digits in the VIN number anyway

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Yeah but there weren't that many...

In the late 1960s, Citroen acquired a controlling interest in the Italian sports car manufacturer Maserati. First fruit of this marriage was the big Citroen SM of 1970, a prestige GT car utilizing the best from both companies. Power came from a smaller V-six version of Maserati's long-lived quad-cam V-eight engine. At 2.7 liters, it stayed just the right side of the punitive French tax laws that came down heavily on engines over 2.8 liters. Like the DS, the SM had front-wheel drive, with the gearbox/transaxle unit slung out ahead of the compact engine. Its 170 bhp through the front wheels was handled by Citroen's now well-tried hydropneumatic self-leveling suspension, interconnected with the four-wheel disc brakes (in-board up front) and ultra-quick power steering.

Fast and refined, with excellent handling, once a sensitive touch with the steering and brakes had been learnt, the SM was a consummate long-distance GT, superbly stable at speed and with the magic-carpet ride familiar to DS owners.

It was the shape, though, that captured enthusiasts' hearts: crafted inside Citroen, it was dramatic and purposeful with a broad nose fully flared in glass and a tapering tail that was as slippery as it looked. It was a four-seater, just, with a futuristic cabin that matched the body.
Sales were initially strong as French enthusiasts flocked to buy their high-class GT car since the death of the Facel Vega. The love affair was to be short-lived. The fuel crisis hit in 1973, making big 18mpg super cars somewhat unfashionable.

Citroen improved the car with injection, a bigger three-liter version and an automatic option, but it was too little avail. Production ground to a halt in 1975, just short of 13,000 cars down the line.