Your last coupe drive............

coupelady

Reaction score
I have to share....

The local Table Rock Sports Car club had its annual Touring Joara poker run today. It benefits the local excavation of a Spanish fort build in 1560s? found outside of Morganton, NC. With the funds raised by this event they are able to bring in school children to see what is going on and learn about the past.

We were using the new GPS program which Wayne (my husband) had programmed in the written instructions. All I had to do was drive and it told me when to turn. I usually drive solo so reading written directions isn't much of an option. The big group left all bunched up so until the first stop for a card and potty break, it was unremarkable. Then we picked up some momentum got re-shuffled again so with a group of a newer Morgan, M6, and Porsche we had at route 80. 80 runs from Marion, NC to Little Switzerland with a big elevation change low to high so there are many great twisties. I personally think it is right up there with the Dragon, with more of it. Those triple side draft webers sang, the shifts were good. The day was cool, overcast with dry roads. I was in seventh heaven as the coupe was running so well it loves cool weather, the driver was all in keeping the balance of the coupe respected so the fun level was very high. We got almost a clear run......I had a great time keeping up with the Porsche surprising many in the group. "He" is handsome (my coupe) but he is built to carve these roads. We then did 226A more of the same. Just to name a few of our great roads.

I would be happy to show you hiway 80 especially if you like to move that right foot down. It was one of those perfect days! Thanks for listening, can you hear those sounds, feel the roller coaster ride?

insert - Huge smiley face-

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
AH Amy, you are just making all of us whose cars are not yet in driving condition jealous!!

Used to go to a Porsche 928 event each June in Banner Elk, with 40-60 other P-928 enthusiasts from the east coast to TX attending. Always had one afternoon of fun runs, so know some of those roads a 'little'. That was a great drive. Again - jealous!!! - ha.

coupelady

Reaction score
Come on over when the CS is ready, the roads should still be here. We did a bit of tooling around this afternoon with friends in our Z3s. Much more sedate afternoon.

If we had enough folks that were available and interested, this area is great for a few days of nothing but driving (and some fine eating too). We have hosted many events around t he NC mountains for years.