doing this and that
carbs come and carbs go,
they get cleaner, in better shape, with new bits, and they go

1625605123808.png

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Impressive/amazing work, as always.
Unusual for me to see a non-digital caliper.

Here in the USA I was unable to find a set of accurate carb jet drills from the companies that sell new Weber’s. I tried three sets and all were inaccurate in the smaller sizes (up to 0.12mm error in the range of 0.40-1.0mm orifice diameter). Useless for checking jet size or customizing jets. I found that USA number-sized drills to be more accurate in diameter but those aren’t avail in 0.05mm steps. Maybe good jet drill kits are only available in Europe?

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Impressive/amazing work, as always.
Unusual for me to see a non-digital caliper.

Here in the USA I was unable to find a set of accurate carb jet drills from the companies that sell new Weber’s. I tried three sets and all were inaccurate in the smaller sizes (up to 0.12mm error in the range of 0.40-1.0mm orifice diameter). Useless for checking jet size or customizing jets. I found that USA number-sized drills to be more accurate in diameter but those aren’t avail in 0.05mm steps. Maybe good jet drill kits are only available in Europe?

funny your comment on the caliper, i have this and an older one, i assume that it might be difficult to read these ones if you only know the digital ones, i had to explain it to my kids

no idea on jet drill kits, if you need help to ship, do tell

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
i have had the chance of peeping the before and after performance, interesting to share; when people think if it is worth rebuilding the carbs

the before video, a car recently restored, the moment came to revive the engine, and this happened:

forget about the fuel spills form the pump, it was broken, see that they have to push the linkage to keep the engine running, they can not get the car to iddle properly, it died every time they release the linkage

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
and the after,

carbs were rebuilt, severe problems solved, including that the levers were stuck, membranes broken, air leaks due to warping, wrong gaskets, ....

table settings done, checked for leaks, shipped to destination

carbs unboxed, put in the engine, connect hoses, and start the engine, start first attempt, warmed up, and this:

amazing, how basic settings work in a correct setup

they still need to check ignition to fine tune distrib, and synchro carbs properly, but it is good to see how this works