FS: Shift Pattern stencil or transfer decal

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
One of the board members is willing to make either a transfer decal where the white pattern and numerals only would transfer OR a stencil that could be applied the you would paint the white on to you shift surround.

He does not want to manage the "sales process"
I can manage it but must commit to buying a quantity from him.

If you want one of the below, you may mail a check to me in the amount of $15.00 (out of country use PayPal) You must tell me how many, which pattern and whether transfer or stencil.

1) Pattern 4-Speed: Qty?/Qty Stencil
2) Pattern 5-Speed OD: Qty?/Qty Stencil
3) Pattern 5-Speed CR: Qty?/Qty Stencil

PM for email or mailing address.

Thank you

PaulinPa

Reaction score
I would be interested in the 5-spd white transfer. Will it be small enough to fit on the front "lip" of the shifter surround so it will be towards the radio?

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I would be interested in the 5-spd white transfer. Will it be small enough to fit on the front "lip" of the shifter surround so it will be towards the radio?

Yes, the gentleman making them has measured from OEM for both the E9 and 2002.

FWIW, I will be getting a 5 speed transfer for my coupe. I do not have the skill for painting a stencil, that is something for DeQ, HBChris, or Luis to do :p

m73

Reaction score
Stencil vs. Decal

To clear up questions, this is what you will be getting: (this is a mock-up, final decals will be white and pattern only with no surrounding material)

4,5, or 5 speed CR; please specify stencil vs. decal (sorry for blurry pic, really low lighting in the garage!)

IMG_4561.JPG

Last edited:

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
My friend's 73 has what appears to be the original decal, it is different than these, it is not solid but rather an outline of the pattern. I will post a pic Sunday when I get back.

dbower

Reaction score
To further clarify, the Roger's tii product is a square black sticker with an imprinted white shift pattern. Seems to match the typeface of the imprint on original 02 dashboards. I ordered one and applied it to my shift surround but it did not stick well. Roger refunded my money. Perhaps he has improved the adhesive now. No affiliation.

Don

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I think he refers to Roger's tii
I am selling the transfers for $15. Includes the envelope and stamp

Stan I find it unfair that 4 speed is as expensive as 5 speed.

If you co-market with AARP as per a previous thread you can sell shift patterns for a 3-speed automatic and the very common one speed manual! It has just R and 1st gear.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
stan i find it unfair that 4 speed is as expensive as 5 speed.

If you co-market with aarp as per a previous thread you can sell shift patterns for a 3-speed automatic and the very common one speed manual! It has just r and 1st gear.

p r n d l

m73

Reaction score
I think we are going with the style pictured in the previous thread (blue background)

Unless there are period correct pictures there is not much I can change. I would say that an outlined stencil would be extremely fragile...the numbers are the biggest difference & I believe our style compliments the coupe well.

Mo