1971 BMW 2800 CS Coupe on Ebay

WISE9UY

Site Donor
Reaction score
This is also now on eBay from a private seller. Very special too as it has a V6 :p

"1971 BMW 2800 CS Classic Collector Low Miles V6 3.5L RWD Manual Stick 5 Speed"

It does have an M90 and dogleg. But I am not sure about the "mint" classification. Terms of mint and perfect get thrown around too much and looking at the standards of the seats and can see the scratches to the belt line trim I could not go as far as mint. That said, it does look to be in reasonable shape.

It is also from the same state as mine was...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1971-BMW-28...ash=item1ec60b7a8f:g:Ml0AAOSwRUhY9io1&vxp=mtr

lloyd

Reaction score
This is also now on eBay from a private seller. Very special too as it has a V6 :p

"1971 BMW 2800 CS Classic Collector Low Miles V6 3.5L RWD Manual Stick 5 Speed"

It does have an M90 and dogleg. But I am not sure about the "mint" classification. Terms of mint and perfect get thrown around too much and looking at the standards of the seats and can see the scratches to the belt line trim I could not go as far as mint. That said, it does look to be in reasonable shape.

It is also from the same state as mine was...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1971-BMW-28...ash=item1ec60b7a8f:g:Ml0AAOSwRUhY9io1&vxp=mtr

Of course, beauty and value are always in the eye or eyes of the beholder. This car certainly looks clean and seems well appointed. However, the description might benefit from a little polish. Setting aside an easily made "V6" error, the description allows for the possibility that the engine is twin cam equipped or assembled using unique tools: "The Motor has been completely rebuilt with Schrick Cams." :confused:

Generally, photos should speak for themselves.

Note the two photos of what appears to be the same interior. Are there two different style steering wheels, a 4 spoke and a 3 spoke? Regardless of the spoke count, it looks like the stitching is different - but my eyesight is not the best. o_O

s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg

The photos indicate the rebuilt replacement engine was completed with an integrated catalytic converter and an aluminum radiator. Yet it also appears that the original 5-blade cooling fan was retained, rather than using an improved cooling fan that was originally used with the replacement engine. Chances are there are no cooling issues. . . especially with that pretty aluminum heat exchanger.

Would the windshield washer reservoir top also serve as a cover to the upper strut mounts?

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

I recently noticed a "For Sale" sign in a car parked on the roadside that made me laugh: "New engine, rebuilt with mostly new parts." It was not an E9 nor a BMW but the notice was almost enough to invite further inquiry. I once installed new spark plugs in an engine - and that made the engine run like-new.;)

Last edited:

jmackro

Reaction score
"Restored in Mint Condition With a 3.5L M90 Motor"

That's hilarious too. "Restored" means a car has been returned to the condition it was in when it left the factory. A 2800 with a 3.5 engine obviously isn't "restored". It might be "improved", it might have "extensive work", but that is different from restoration.

And if it's "restored", what happened to the front bumper?

s-l500.jpg