1975 E9 3.0CS Fjord Blue for sale in Kansas

mulberryworks

Mr. Fixity
Site Donor
Reaction score
Looks Solid

Wow, I wouldn't put most E9 on a lift by their rockers. Certainly not mine.
It's missing a few bits, but overall looks quite good.

How about a bit more information, like mileage? Recent maintenance?
4 Speed? 5 Speed?

Thanks,

Ian

kansanbrit

Reaction score
Mileage

48K Kilometers. 4 speed. Please keep the questions coming. Golden rule - if you can't jack a car by the rockers don't buy it !!

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
Where is the AC compressor from? It has the same mounting bracket as the four seasons but does not appear to be stock.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
My guess would be a 2.5cs with velour and no a/c and some other interior issues at the current asking price is limiting the interest pool.

It seems like a nice car. I'm curios to know why it is taking 18 months to sell.

mulberryworks

Mr. Fixity
Site Donor
Reaction score
Pay me now or pay me later

48K Kilometers. 4 speed. Please keep the questions coming. Golden rule - if you can't jack a car by the rockers don't buy it !!

There's nothing truer than 'buy the best car you can afford' but my cost was literally 1/10th the price of this car. And I'll fix the rust and come out way ahead. And have a fun time doing it.

Ian

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
It left the factory as a Euro only 2.5CS, not a 3.0CS, and should be advertised as such.

I'm confused about this VIN tag then:

Zxt0dNN54EdA5Eh-FzoIw3qHY-KStQreeVtOUUWtxj16hCTZ2qsrv8DwdHeNwUVSY8Hk0w4Auznv-O86XAEiPkWoPdBvKow83zq43sa1HuRK7VAmIFjUymBlSv31309rq4VVxVOGvqSWK7BhGUBvVhlvTOKudT2N32LXjNNALgvTPcIwZxXl3Gqw5ihHCo3L7vt_kUZykZ0kpEa8XL2YPOTWramu8x68QhWpExmSAOSXouadUX3VhSqITYYCwTy-_BbkYRkEhKnAZEh9_9sfaBD1GvSk9YlHiq_4XiK1FLH0pUhlA0dJqoLXvLomsbeLmtI1KQXg8T4M_8fQE0qx3q1zUp3Gmfn13ByfGcL1qN7SOQcnOfFgCQs-pM6W5V__T9phvkgjNsU_oNfp3v6wnp0LfGbPAmJF6Yx5NK-S9MqTGibyAs8fZK-E_eTJ2yltfTLsLUZIFlzXtMdXTmlRJ55NFLara7toU7QT-D7N5aKMTUmyFZE5fmXYG9eVYrBYw62H_vNg855XSMw-jISAE-xw6GiLVZXytXVFIt1WjNc6eEZJ5Y75pd0U7OrqTV4m_cFx=w503-h838-no

kansanbrit

Reaction score
Engine

It is advertised accurately. It is a 3.0CS. The VIN plate says so, the title says so and the badging says so. But it does have a 2.5 litre engine as detailed by the second factory decal. I guess it is like the 320 which had a 1600cc engine.

Last edited:

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
You can check the VIN in our Registry, it left the factory as a 2.5 CS. All of the metal VIN tags say 3.0 for some reason. The Euro decal above it also says 2.5, these were gas crisis coupes with a smaller motor, someone changed the badge on the trunk, very easy to do. Did you purchase recently or have you been listing it for the last several years? It has been discussed many times here before when it was for sale. What is the number stamped on the motor above the starter? You may need to push the heater hose aside to see clearly with a flashlight.

http://www.e9-driven.com/E9_Vins.asp

These came with manual front windows, velour upholsterey and I think rear quarter windows might be fixed, I am not sure, the A/C in yours is not the Behr/York set up with the factory console faceplate, it was added later perhaps by a dealer or when it entered the US. The import sticker is in one of your photos as these were never imported to the US by BMW.

Last edited:

kansanbrit

Reaction score
For sale

I have described the car as accurately as I can. If anyone is interested in actually purchasing this car rather than discrediting it please PM me. I can always take more photos.