2002tii on BaT.....

BarneyT

Site Donor
Reaction score
the owner of this car is a friend of mine. when I saw the car last it was perfect, I think there was some repaint work done after completion by the restorer… when I sold a BMW 2002 Tii on bring a trailer I certainly wouldn’t have thought a fella worth $6 billion was sitting there watching bring a trailer and buying a 72 BMW but he was, my friend has plenty of funds to support his habit.

Last edited:

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
the owner of this car is a friend of mine. when I saw the car last it was perfect, I think there was some repaint work done after completion by the restorer… when I sold a BMW 2002 Tii on bring a trailer I certainly wouldn’t have thought a fella worth $6 billion was sitting there watching bring a trailer and buying a 72 BMW but he was, my friend has plenty of funds to support his habit.
Cool!!!
I never watch BAT auctions, so I am likely to be the Billionaire...

Frederick

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
A few years ago, I sold a 1989 Mercedes-Benz 560 sedan for $9500. The guy who bought it was worth over $4 billion, go figure.

Frederick

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The issue here is not whether the owner is super rich and can afford his hobby. The question is how can you spend that much money on a 2002, but obviously you can!