42k Mile Survivor

tightbox

Reaction score
Finally got my hands on her and shot a picture I'm happy with.

I certainly wanted to do her justice. Secretly, I'm planning to large scale metal print this photo for the original owner. He was a bit apprehensive to let her go when I finally arrived to pick her up. I also shot a documentary about the car's history, stories, etc., that I'll produce for his family and to display at car shows.

I'll post full details later, but this car is absolutely amazing - the owner was meticulous, and it came with everything (including boxes of any worn out original parts that were replaced, test drive mags in their original shipping sleeves, 2 sets of factory manuals, a full handwritten service history, shift pattern sticker still intact, original paint, etc.)

A true time capsule!

decoupe

(deceased)
Reaction score
That photo is the essence of everything the makes the e9 such a beautiful car. Hard to believe a solid object can look so fluid standing still.

Brilliant shot.

MyFemurHurts

Reaction score
Cool picture!

I just had a shot of mine printed on metal, and I love it. Colors and resolution are just fantastic.

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
the photo is cool, congratulations,
but that is not a survivor, not a time capsule, the stance is ridiculously modern, wheels are incorrect, there are no lateral grilles, black or extra tinted glasses,....probably another title will do more justice

tightbox

Reaction score
Thanks guys! I am really happy with how it turned out.

DeQ - I've sent you a copy with the warehouse lights on for reference - car is all original, as stated! I just removed the redundant side markers and altered the rake in photoshop.

**I promise that no original cars were harmed for this photo shoot!!!

Last edited: