'73 E9 Interior swap? I have Red and want Blue

FjordTempo

Reaction score
This is a big long shot, but I am looking for a navy blue full interior for my '73 Fjord E9. A previous owner changed my interior to Red. It's in great shape all around. Just thought I might stumble upon an owner if a Chamonix/blue car who wants to swap to the fantastic Chamonix/Red combo. Worth a try, right?

Am I leaving out an interior color that goes well with Fjord exterior?

I'm in So. California so I'm hoping not to have to ship anything.

Please share this with any owners you think might be interested.

Thank you.
Matthew

execmalibu

Reaction score
I have a Blue interior I might trade...

I have a blue leather interior I might trade.. Im in Malibu...

[email protected]

(310) 456-8833

jeff

Last edited:

bwalvoord

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I'm interested

I have have a Cham/Blue and have been thinking the same thing ever since seeing Stan's Cham/Red. I have blue leather seats which are in perfect shape, although to be honest with you I'm not sure if they are leather or very nice vinyl. I just purchased a new blue carpet set from Coupe King and currently have all of the interior out so your timing is pretty good.

The downside is that I live in South Carolina. I'm a few weeks away from putting the interior back in assuming I can figure out the AC install and get all of those pieces working.

Do you have any pictures of the red? Shoot me your email address in a PM and I'll send some pictures of my interior.

execmalibu

Reaction score
The Blue interior I have is leather...

I have a complete blue leather interior for trade...

I had an interior shipped recently the interior requires crating and is heavy... Shipping from the East Coast was very expensive...

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
Matthew,

Please post some pictures of your car. I'd love to see what the red looks like with the Fjord. I keep thinking about what a nice wine colored leather interior would look like in my Fjord coupe.

Thanks-

execmalibu

Reaction score
I have this Blue LEATHER interior that I might consider trading...

Please send photos of your red interior... I have a decent blue Leather interior that I might consider trading...

Your interior is RED LEATHER correct?

Attachments

• Fjord Int.jpg
    Fjord Int.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 130

FjordTempo

Reaction score
Thanks for the surprisingly positive response. Here are a few quick shots of my interior. I would love to see navy interiors of anyone interested, hopefully in similar condition.

Selfishly, the closer geographically, the better, so a drive could take care of the swap.

Talk soon. Thanks.

Matthew

Attachments

• IMG_1448.jpg
    IMG_1448.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_1452.jpg
    IMG_1452.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_1446.JPG
    IMG_1446.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 139

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Matthew,

I love your red interior. You could always go with a salt/pepper black/grey carpet to offset all of that red if you wanted.

Chris

ccr2002

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Black?

I have a perfect black velour euro interior in one of my csl's that i'm converting back to stock scheels if you'd be interested in that. I love the red and wouldn't mind a second interior for jabberjaw.
chuck

execmalibu

Reaction score
Matthew I have an Excellent Blue Leather Interior... Malibu is only one hour from OC.

I have the Excellent blue leather interior and I am in Malibu which is only an hour away from you. Drive your car up here and take a look...

[email protected]

Last edited:

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
At least you could buy the box!

I have a complete blue leather interior for trade...

I had an interior shipped recently the interior requires crating and is heavy... Shipping from the East Coast was very expensive...

If you have a pick up truck, maybe Jeff will give you the box, saving him and disposal headache! Pack it up and ship to bwalvoord!

bwalvoord

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Swap

I have to agree with the others, I think the color combination is very sharp. I don't know that I would buy a new daily driver with a red interior (in fact I explicitly did not want red in my M3) but something about it in my special car makes it all the more interesting. I'll try and get by the shop and take some more pictures of my car if you're still interested. As I said, my carpet is still in the box from coupe king and my seats, although recovered a while ago, have less than 10 miles in them.

bwalvoord

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I agree

After a lot of work my blue interior will be near perfect. New wood from Bela, new carpet, new console, new seals, windshield, headliner, etc. If I hadn't started with good seats, I would have gone this route and am still interested in a swap it it make sense for both parties. New coco mats as well.

FjordTempo

Reaction score
I love red interior, but the more I look at my Fjord exterior, it seems to beg for the navy. I suppose tan would work too, but I'm a blue guy.

Has anyone put together an official chart of the available color combinations? I'm curious what other options came with the Fjord exterior?

Here is a link to a few iPhone shots of my RED interior from just now. I will add more natural light ones later, but the overall condition is pretty great apart from the normal bolster wear. I tried to focus on any blemishes on the leather, and you'll see the plastic caps on the top of door handle (one of which appears to be tinfoil from a PO!).

http://www.flickr.com/photos/matthewfletcher/sets/72157631697758772/

Matthew