Alpina steering wheel

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score
You mean this Alpina wheel?

E37A18C7-E066-4578-77A3F2-D39675D68086 (1).jpg

shanon

Reaction score
Available in 350mm (2002s and early E9/E3s) or 370mm (CSL), which size do you seek?

Attachments

• shanon e9 interior (1).jpg
    shanon e9 interior (1).jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 72
  • alpinainteriormotorpage3copy (1).JPG
    alpinainteriormotorpage3copy (1).JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 100

Tim M

Reaction score
Markos
I have a Nardi that might go better with your woodwork+cash for that wheel :)

Krzysztof

Site Donor
Reaction score
If it weren’t for the pics of the nice wheels this thread would be a but disappointing. :D

l suppose I’ll add my pic. My dashboard is like bringing an ugly friend to the bar to make you look better.

Good starting point for the restoration Marcos.

From other perspective steering wheel is as much important for the interior as wheels for the overall car look. That's why for me I could drive such a car for some time just grabbing nice wheel in hand. ;-)

JamesE30

Reaction score
Glad you found what you are looking for! I’m also interested in an alpina wheel if another one comes up..

'69 2800cs

Reaction score
OK, how many of these 380mm wheels could there possibly be? I have one, not engraved Alpina, just the painted on Prototipo. It's killer.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Markos, were you making a run to the dump in your coupe or what? :)

LOL yes. I drove it to the dump on purpose to weigh the car. I had to bring something so dropped off a few kitchen trash bags. It came in at over 3K which was disappointing. That was with no spare, no bumpers, manual windows.

88BEF5A5-7ABC-40AB-8921-0F78BD27A67C.jpeg

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
OK, how many of these 380mm wheels could there possibly be? I have one, not engraved Alpina, just the painted on Prototipo. It's killer.

Personally, I believe that the 380mm prototipo S without the Alpina logo is more rare than the Alpina. I’ve only seen three. Don’t let yours go. I would not be surprised if someone already PM’d you on it.

The 380mm prototipo S came on over 169 CSL’s. It was also produced stand-alone in black and silver. Mine is a post-CSL stand alone wheel as the inferred date of the wheel exceeds the production run of the carb CSL. A detail that is only visible and matters is you are a nut. I’ve seen about 20 of these wheels in the last few years. Many of them are in poor shape.