Another Stray Followed Me Home

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score
A friend of mine reached out to me a while back to say they were downsizing and wanted to know if I could help re-home one of their cars. After a bit of mucking around I picked it up from the ferry a few hours ago. To make things interesting I'll post some cropped images during the day and we can see who is the first to guess what model it is.

wheel1.PNG

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Here it is. Well done to those that picked it. The article and pictures are of my actual car. Production run was just over 100 with only six examples known to remain. What makes this even one even cooler is it was BMWs official press car.
Couple of other fun facts is it's the first ever 'M' Car and the only 'M' to run factory carbs.
it's also lovely to drive...

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Petrol filler door has an interesting location. Right next to where my Bavaria's is located. But mine drives the gas jockeys even crazier when I pull up to which ever side the pumps is empty.

Question for you Jill Claybrook fans. Is the a safe location for a Petrol flap?

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Petrol filler door has an interesting location. Right next to where my Bavaria's is located. But mine drives the gas jockeys even crazier when I pull up to which ever side the pumps is empty.

Question for you Jill Claybrook fans. Is the a safe location for a Petrol flap?
Well, the position of the tank didn’t change but the later e12s have it on the side like a coupe.