Another successful auto/ 5 speed conversion & wood veneer replacement

doubledutch

Reaction score
Finally after an agonizing 5 months do I have my coupe back and boy what a different coupe it is! I started the winter replacing the wood veneer thanks to Bela's superb craftsmanship. Replacing the veneer was my 1st DIY project and although not the easiest it did work turn out great. The hardest part might have been getting the windshield back in (the so called expert couldn't even get it done right) it's still not perfect (alu trim is slightly off) but it will on for now
The real exciting project started in December when I finally took the plunge and started looking for all parts necessary for the 5 speed conversion. I found a small shop outside Boston specializing in euro cars (Demont Garage) willing to do the conversion for a reasonable price.
Of course the project turned out to be more costly and a lot more involved than either one of us could have imagined but finally last week the car was ready and I must say it was worth every penny and the 2 months extra time I t took to get it done.
The car is so much more enjoyable to drive, so much more responsive not to mention so much quiter and more fuel efficient.
The only downside is that he messed up some of the electrionics and now my "blinkah's" no longer work, hopefully it's something small.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 201