Antenna Delete

Sean Haas

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Thanks. I tried the wind lace but it didn’t like that for some reason. I’ll just play around.

Krzysztof

Site Donor
Reaction score
Some of the active antennas can be glued along the upper edge of the windshield.

The best reception can be achieved by limiting screening from car body and keeping it away from noisy engine ignition.

Quite often not the antenna is the main problem but bad condition of radio reception block. Many components are loosing electrical parameters which lead to improper input filter and amplifier characteristics resulting in a poor reception on any band.

Also lack of proper internal filtering can lead to instability of the power and increased internal electrical noise ending up with poor or no reception.

It was also discussed on the forum that proper supply (wire routing and filtering) has significant impact on radio reception.

Poor radio reception might also lead to poor engine grounding, worn-out ignition breaker capacitor or even improper operation of charging circuit (e.g. alternator diode failure).

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I deleted my antenna when the bare metal respray was done. I tried a hidden antenna but it did not work very well so I went with a bluetooth system and play from Pandora or Sirius XM.

Sean Haas

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I do have bluetooth and was using audacy for a radio proxy but was just nice to have a regular radio option. Someday I'll get to rebuilding the old school antennae for kicks, this was just a cheap quickie fix. Appreciate the suggestions.