Anybody do anything that was really fun this week?

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
You never know, this might be a stellar week for somebody?

Last edited:

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have been doing some fast walks with the dog. Normally my dog is walked off leash everywhere. She is pretty good that way. Use one word to cross busy streets ("Cross or Cross Cross if I want her to run faster" But nowadays the police are after any deviation from the rules big time. A Family locally was ticketed $800 for rollerblading in an empty parking lot. So I guess they didn't have a fun week. I have been puttering in my workshop most days. Listening to music and not getting too much done. Seems I get up early with big plans, but don't engage till lunch time. Last week I had some adventure. I put a deposit on a new Kayak over the winter and the guy who I bought it off asked me to come pick it up because he feared he was going to get broken into. It seems two neighbouring businesses had been hit that week. One neighbouring business in an industrial part of Barrie, Ont. lost 4 hot tubs, one place a few doors down lost two sides of beef . (must have been a good party somewhere) he thought it would be smart for me to pick it up. Since the ice went out on the lake about two days before, I thought I'd make my way to the island cottage, don my dry suit, bring a night's worth of food.and enjoy the extra solitude. Left late afternoon on an eerily empty lake. It was a smooth paddle, but this new Kayak is nervously tippy. Puttered around the next day, my new 1992 ATV that I got there across the ice this winter has a starter that doesn't engage and it looks like it has to come quite apart damn.. Next day I hung out till noon and was anxious to get away before the wind came up. This new Kayak did not impress me at all as I had to cross about KM and a half of open water, it was a little windy and I felt like one bad move and I would go over. On my way home I traded it in for a slightly bigger one and am hoping it gives me confidence. I took my boat off the dock and got it running while I was there, but the Marinas are not allowed to open and city folks have been told they are not welcome in cottage country, as we might eat their food and clog up their hospitals and infect them with our diseases. So I'd love to be there, lot's of jobs to do, but I don't think it will be any time soon, unless it is a day trip to tend to the place. I suppose tension about impending doom while alone over cold water is fun.

Attachments

• MVIMG_20200407_172947.jpg
    MVIMG_20200407_172947.jpg
    514.5 KB · Views: 113
  • MVIMG_20200408_160611.jpg
    MVIMG_20200408_160611.jpg
    596.7 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:

Mot27cars

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have been doing some fast walks with the dog. Normally my dog is walked off leash everywhere. She is pretty good that way. Use one word to cross busy streets ("Cross or Cross Cross if I want her to run faster" But nowadays the police are after any deviation from the rules big time. A Family locally was ticketed $800 for rollerblading in an empty parking lot. So I guess they didn't have a fun week. I have been puttering in my workshop most days. Listening to music and not getting too much done. Seems I get up early with big plans, but don't engage till lunch time. Last week I had some adventure. I put a deposit on a new Kayak over the winter and the guy who I bought it off asked me to come pick it up because he feared he was going to get broken into. It seems two neighbouring businesses had been hit that week. One neighbouring business in an industrial part of Barrie, Ont. lost 4 hot tubs, one place a few doors down lost two sides of beef . (must have been a good party somewhere) he thought it would be smart for me to pick it up. Since the ice went out on the lake about two days before, I thought I'd make my way to the island cottage, don my dry suit, bring a nigh't worth of food.and enjoy the extra solitude Left late afternoon on an eerily empty lake. It was a smooth paddle, but this new Kayak is nervously tippy. Puttered around the next day, my new 1992 ATV that I got there across the ice this winter has a starter that doesn't engage and it looks like it has to come quite apart damn.. Next day I hung out till noon and was anxious to get away before the wind came up. This new Kayak did not impress me at all as I had to cross about KM and a half of open water, it was a little windy and I felt like one bad move and I would go over. On my way home I traded it in for a slightly bigger one and am hoping it gives me confidence. I took my boat off the dock and got it running while I was there, but the Marinas are not allowed to open and city folks have been told they are not welcome in cottage country, as we might eat their food and clog up their hospitals and infect them with our diseases. So I'd love to be there, lot's of jobs to do, but I don't think it will be any time soon, unless it is a day trip to tend to the place. I suppose tension about impending doom while alone over cold water is fun.
800 dollar fine!!!! Rediculous

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Maybe I don’t understand all the details of the 800 dollar fine situation. Around here we been told to go out for exercise but maintain a distance to others.
These were all family members all living in the same house. A guy was fined $1200 today for feeding homeless people.

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
That's the colour combo I have as well. Glad you had some fun. I find it very liberating when I get in my car.

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
Took the Allard out for a spin with my son, and the car didn’t end up on a flat bed!
went out on the boat to a remote beach. Swam ashore.

Attachments

• FCA98F6A-B1B0-43D3-B294-EA95230A745F.jpeg
    FCA98F6A-B1B0-43D3-B294-EA95230A745F.jpeg
    330.3 KB · Views: 121
  • 2A15D1FF-3194-4DB7-B7D1-E541B31901A4.jpeg
    2A15D1FF-3194-4DB7-B7D1-E541B31901A4.jpeg
    300.7 KB · Views: 136
  • D1AD952E-AF16-4FDA-AE49-15B758FBF9E4.jpeg
    D1AD952E-AF16-4FDA-AE49-15B758FBF9E4.jpeg
    113.6 KB · Views: 136