Anyone here an original CS Register member?

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I was a member - I think it was the "CS Register" by the time that I joined. And my coupe still wears one of those window decals. Please see if Jay Mackro is in the pile of applications. I may have lived in Los Altos - or Iowa City - when I joined.

Jay is in the lead with number of docs. PM me your address and I will send with the others.

Getting close to last call here….
6327715A-97A5-4AD4-91BE-40971E6BBB7F.jpeg

kongsfam

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Steve
I found my welcome letter from Charlie dated September 1986
Appreciate if you can find anything
Thanks
Bill (William Saiget)

Honolulu

Reaction score
IIRC, Art ran the show when I joined, though I forget the date (might have been in '85). I was about to sell my '72 tii, thinking I couldn't justify having both at the same time, and that I could "always" find another tii.

I still have one of the decals Art had made, on the rear passenger window next to the later-made-illegal BMW Car Club of Hawaii decal (maybe an edit can bring up the photo). I still have all the printed CS Registry mailings, as well as the tii group stuff from Jeff Mulcahey who after race-prepping his tii, defected to Ferraris.

In '95 at the Breckenridge O'fest I met Carl Nelson, who bought out all the old CCH decals I had (about 25) for a buck apiece. I've always wondered what he did with them but they had to go, and it was (then) good money for our little ten-cent chapter. Sadly the chapter is pretty much defunct now, a victim of changing attitudes towards cars in general, the complexities of the cars, and makeup of the members.

HOWEVER a little bird recently told me of another CS a couple miles away. IDK if it's driven any more, have to do some gently snooping. That would make TWO 3.0CS in Hawaii unless someone has a surprise for me. There was a rusted-to-H*ll malaga CS in lower Palolo, but I haven't been in the area for a long time and it may be gone.

m_thompson

Reaction score
Found a treasure trove including resto pics - please PM me your address.
Thanks very much for sending the pictures and letters. Interesting seeing correspondence from a when I first bought the project CS 40 years ago, and I still have it.

Can I PayPal you the cost of the mailing and your time?

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Steve, in case my email did not arrive(been having some AOL trouble) thanks for sending some of original documents. they brought back many sweet memories and filled in some gaps.

thanks again,

Steve ONeill

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
It was fun to send them back to everyone, thanks but no need for reimbursement from e9 brethren :cool:

bill

Site Donor
Reaction score
Great find Steve. I will paypal you the cost of sending all of those treasured documents. Steve ONeill PO Box 61 Solebury PA 18963

If you took the time to read the typed letter you should know that my basic computer skills are still, well, basic.

So by 1986 Charlie Richardson was at the helm. I am sure some of you remember the legendary Art Wegweiser, father of Paul. Art started the CSRegistry, and what a grand time it was to be a coupe owner. Cars were cheap, parts were cheaper, paint and body work too. The classifieds' prices would make you weep. Affordable for drivers like me on a limited budget. The Polaris euro CS I paid $10,400. for in January of '88 took me to High Performance Driver's Schools all over the NE. By then it had a 3.3 liter seriously tricked out motor, custom stainless exhaust, suspension mods and a 5sp.

A grand time indeed.

thanks, Steve
Steve: are you really asking for all this Coupe memorabilia? My app is in there, fall 1999.