Award

merdad

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
An award received from BMW International for my restoration, I haven’t received the certificate, but they sent me these photos

Attachments

• IMG_3181.jpeg
    IMG_3181.jpeg
    108.2 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_3179.jpeg
    IMG_3179.jpeg
    113.4 KB · Views: 116

Oldbmwcoupes

Reaction score
That’s certainly impressive to receive that level of recognition from the manufacture. A profound accomplishment in the restoration world for sure. Congratulations on a job proven by the factory to be the highest level! Relish it, you deserve it

merdad

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
That’s certainly impressive to receive that level of recognition from the manufacture. A profound accomplishment in the restoration world for sure. Congratulations on a job proven by the factory to be the highest level! Relish it, you deserve it
I thank you very much for your kind words. I try my best to do the best work possible. But, there are always flaws that you wished could have done better.
Thanks again.

Last edited:

merdad

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
well done,
what is the process for the award ? was your car proposed to the award by your local bmw club or something similar ?
Yes. It was proposed by our club in Iran. Our club received the award in a meeting in Berlin during the 100th anniversary of BMW motorcycles.
It was a good recognition for our club and my car was a good presentation for further future relationship with BMW classic.
Iran club will present the award to me in a ceremony in Tehran, in a couple of months since I’ll be away for a while.
Thanks again.

merdad

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
At the moment I am helping others to do the a decent restoration on their coupes, since they thinks I am a sort of an expert on these cars (at least here in Iran).
1969 2800CS & 1974 3.0CSi and a few others that I have not yet seen.
Keeps me busy doing what I love in this toxic environment.

Attachments

• IMG_3184.jpeg
    IMG_3184.jpeg
    281.3 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_3183.jpeg
    IMG_3183.jpeg
    317.3 KB · Views: 406

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
At the moment I am helping others to do the a decent restoration on their coupes, since they thinks I am a sort of an expert on these cars (at least here in Iran).
1969 2800CS & 1974 3.0CSi and a few others that I have not yet seen.
Keeps me busy doing what I love in this toxic environment.
This is a great part of the hobby. Meeting fellow enthusiasts and helping them and/or being helped by them.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Well done! It looks great.
Given that the certificate is signed by a Professor Doctor I would ask them to add some appellatives to your name :).
Interesting customs, I have seen SFDon's Berkeley Diploma, yet he never adds a tittle before his name...