Car Classic 2013: Art Center College of Design

phead82

Reaction score
I thought about going there last year too. But then the 30$ for plain admission turned me off a bit.
Have you been already, David - is it worth it?

David

Site Donor
Reaction score
It's rare for me to pass up an opportunity to get on the Art Center campus, but this event doesn't sound all that exciting. I'd be interested in listening to Freeman Thomas, but with the clout of the Art Center and their proximity to the design centers from just about every manufacturer, I'm disappointed at the speaker list and the car list.

jmackro

Reaction score
It's rare for me to pass up an opportunity to get on the Art Center campus, but this event doesn't sound all that exciting.

Boy, you guys are tough! I went for the first time last year, and thoroughly enjoyed it.

- $30 is atypically what you pay for a car event here in Southern California. That's comparable to the admission for San Marino, Palos Verde, Dana Point, ...

- I found last year's car selection to be kind of eclectic, but the unifying theme was interesting design. Not the big Packards and Dusenbergs of other shows. but cars with innovative styling.

- The Art Center facility was as interesting as the cars. Going through the labs and seeing the student projects was fascinating.

David

Site Donor
Reaction score
- I found last year's car selection to be kind of eclectic, but the unifying theme was interesting design. Not the big Packards and Dusenbergs of other shows. but cars with innovative styling.

- The Art Center facility was as interesting as the cars. Going through the labs and seeing the student projects was fascinating.

Totally agree about the students. If you ever get a chance to go Grad Night, don't pass it up. There is more concentrated talent on display than I thought possible.