CarbMATE

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
OK, here goes nothing. I'm running dual Webers on my coupe and not really getting much umph out of the car. She runs good, but idles a bit high- around 1300 but even though she is not a sports car she should be able to beat a KIA off-the-line. Enter you guys who discussed this tool earlier this week. I figured that since an EFI conversion was not on the immediate horizon this may be a way to relatively inexpensively get things correct in the fuel delivery department.

I also have the Pertronix installed so, what would be the proper sequence to begin this procedure; timing, vacuum plugging, etc. If anyone has a 1-2-3 sequence I would be grateful and I will try to document what I do because I feel it will be useful to those who also may be lacking power and wondering if a really good "tune" would help.

Attachments

• carbmate.jpg
    carbmate.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 113

jamesw

Reaction score
Jerry posted a fantastic 1-2-3 sequence on here at some point. No time to look now but if you search Zenith posts by 61porsche you should find it.

Cheers
James

Tierfreund

Reaction score
The best course of action (if an EFI is out of the question) is to get a decent set of Zeniths, overhaul them and set them up as per the blue book.
Best to do it yourself with lots of time and dedication.(Try to be DQ...)

That´ll give you the second best all round setup for an otherwise stock M30 (best is of course EFI).

Synching the Webers and general fiddling around with them is not going to do much if the performance is allready iffy and the ilde too high.