Cars brought by BMW to Monterey 2016

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
From: www.bmwblog.com/2016/07/20/bmws-centenary-celebrated-monterey-car-week/

"Visitors will get to see legendary cars from the past as well as the three new concepts unveiled by the BMW Group earlier this year.
Furthermore, according to the BMW officials, the company will unveil a world premier concept car and a very special, freshly restored classic BMW during its annual press conference which this year will take place at the BMW Living Legends Garage at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca. Some publications claimed that the new concept will be a fresh take on how the BMW M1 would look like today or in the near future. However, our sources denied that claim. Instead, we will be greeted with a new concept car that will be sporty in appearance and definitely not a disappointment. As for the freshly restored classic BMW, that’s going to be a surprise that we won’t ruin for now.

To top everything off, BMW promises that instead of hosting a typical static display of grace and restored models, some of them will actually partake in the racing, enthralling the audience with their loud engines and gracious character lines. Alas, we don’t know exactly which models will be racing but we’re sure we won’t be disappointed. We will be on the spot though, reporting live from the venue."

And from: www.bmwblog.com/2016/07/28/elvis-presleys-restored-bmw-507-unveiled-pebble-beach/

"Resting alongside this BMW 507 on the 18th fairway of Pebble Beach Golf Links will be a hand-picked selection of important BMWs that tell the story of the marque’s centenary. Included are a pair of racing BMW 328s that drove in the last prewar Mille Miglia and the 24 Hours of Le Mans as well as a pair of BMW Art Cars, including the very first one painted by Alexander Calder and the most recent by Jeff Koons. A 1930 BMW 3/15 DA2 Cabriolet, one of the first motor cars BMW built, will be present as will the smallest BMW ever built, an Isetta 300 Police “Bubble Car,” and one of the largest BMWs ever, a 3200 Autenrieth Cabriolet. Rounding off the BMW story will be a special class of BMW motorcycles, which is where BMW’s story really began."

They don't mention it but I assume it's a safe bet that a few CSLs will be there as well.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I hope BMW concentrates on the classic cars that made the brand what it is today. I am not particularly interested in seeing a bunch of new cars at an event like this.