Saturday, Jun 22

15 Newton St.
Brookline, MA 02445
(617)522-6547

Event Registrar
[email protected]

Event Coordinator
John Sullivan
Mark your calendars for the Boston Chapter’s annual Concours d’Elegance being hosted this year at Larz Anderson Auto Museum in Brookline MA. Pre-Registration is encouraged this year and will open on Saturday, June 15th. As an incentive for Pre-Registration we will be charging $20.00 per car for BMW CCA Members. The charge for the Day of the Event will be $25.00. The Chapters Website www.boston-bmwcca.org will be updated with all the information (Classification of Groups/Classes, Judging, Scoring and Rules) that you will need to participate in Concours this year in early June. There will also be a Registration Page arranged on the Chapter’s Website that you can use to make a PayPal payment required for all Pre-Registered cars.

duane_sword

Reaction score
Congratulations to Stan & Tod (waving the E9 flag!)

Yesterday, Sunday August 9 2015, was the BMW Boston CCA Chapter Concours event.

After 20 years as a passive participant in BMW Club events in Australia, England and the USA I finally pulled my finger out to offer my time and support back to a club I enjoy so much.

Though I have been a judge at a few events over the years, I was roped into being the Head Judge for the 2015 BMW CCA Boston Concours.... We had 65 cars judged and there was over 120 cars in the Display Only class. We had an original CSL on the lawn, three BMW i8s, masses of modern 3series and new 235s, two very well cared for E31 840Ci, a couple of mint Bavarias too.

Categories of Clean, Super Clean and Concours, with model/age segregation of Vintage, Late and Modern.

Vintage Super Clean was an impressive class of cars with 3.0CS, 1600 GT, 2002 tii, E30 M3, E24 M635CSI, and three other cars I cannot immediately recall.... but the class was won by our very own Stan Chamallas (and no I was not the judge for his class, no conspiracy theories please). Congratulations Stan, I believe this is your first win, and will take your fastidious and meticulous care of your E9 "Great White" to a whole new level I am sure!

People's Choice Award (with more than 100 votes cast) went to the beautiful and original BMW 1600 GT by Chris A (who also owns an E9/CSL no less!).

The Display Only award was selected by two judges (Roy W and myself) by walking the ~120 cars on the lawn and we selected our top 3 cars on the lawn.... the criteria was that the winner selected had to be present at the award ceremony.... the winner was Tod B with his 2800CS who is sporting new BBS rims and the paint is looking deeper and bluer than ever! Congrats Tod!

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Chris A - AKA SkiCoach has the CSL, Glas 1600 GT, a "clown shoe" and a Z8
Quite an impressive collection!

I need to start working under the car to compete at concours level.

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
As an E3/E24 guy I have to mention Jeff Brown from the E24 forum who was both the first choice (840i) and then second choice (1988 M6) for judges choice. He had gone back to Rhode Island prior to final awards so forfeited but he still deserves some praise.

Ski coach

Deceased
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Yes, Rupert's car was amazing. Rupert, come out and play with us. Being somewhat of an expert on smiles and faces, I must admit to seeing the broadest smile of any human being I've witnessed when Stan's name was called as winner yesterday. A huge congrats to you Stan, you deserve it!!

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Wow nice work Stan & Todd. I was planning on going and then something came up last minute, really should have been there.

yes, turned out to be a great day and a lot of nice cars. There was a Florida green 2800cs a color I have never seen on a coupe. Looked very nice!

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I asked the owner, George (I think) about his Florida 2800CS. There was an '02 being painted the same color at the shop where his car was and he decided to go with it. The car was originally Baikal.

yes, turned out to be a great day and a lot of nice cars. There was a Florida green 2800cs a color I have never seen on a coupe. Looked very nice!

Attachments

• IMG_1019.jpg
    IMG_1019.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 153