Cool e9 factory pic

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Looks like Hans and Fritz are trying to get the hood to fit!

1620741_757847220909218_757718916_n.jpg

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Looks like Hans and Fritz are trying to get the hood to fit!

1620741_757847220909218_757718916_n.jpg

I went through the info I have and the guy with the glasses is actually Helmut.

If you have a high res shot that would make a great addition to my garage wall.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
also look at the location, more like a USA location than the euro location. perhaps that changed later. i agree, i have never seen those mirrors on a coupe. when i first saw it i thought it was just a trapezoidal mirror on a funny angle.

rb1971

Reaction score
I was going to say those are probably the two guys responsible for spraying the rustproofing on the bottom of the car (clearly they were on a beer and pretzel break when mine was produced), but someone beat me to the rust joke.

Neat pic!

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
So the famous hood alignment problem is not due to any deformation, it is a problem from day one.

DerSchwede

Reaction score
also look at the location, more like a USA location than the euro location. perhaps that changed later. i agree, i have never seen those mirrors on a coupe. when i first saw it i thought it was just a trapezoidal mirror on a funny angle.

That might depend on the fact that E3/E9 only had this mirror until mid '69 and US-delivery started just about then...

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
It's odd that the cars are all white and silver, could this be a race prep facility or something other than this factory photo?

Factory.jpg

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Fog light on the yellow none on the one next to it. And nary a robot in sight. A true production line in the old sense of the word.

Luis A.

Site Donor
Reaction score
Fog light on the yellow none on the one next to it. And nary a robot in sight. A true production line in the old sense of the word.

The one in the middle (Polaris or Fjord?) is Italian delivery. Look at the large license plate frame, thus no integrated rear fog light in that market.

loloe13

Reaction score
great pics! I agree with Nicad, if you guys have the high res version of these pictures, let me know.
I would love to put pics of these factory shots on the wall too.
Kind of like hanging baby photos of the kids.

dbower

Reaction score
caption contest!

"Let's put the mirror on the fender, just to mess with them."

"Flip a coin -- antenna here or on the back?"

"Whose bright idea were those fiber pads on top of the shock towers? That can't be good."

"Let's weld up some more hidden compartments in there. It will be our little secret."

"Think any water could get past that windshield gasket? Nahhhh."

"These metal grills cost $2.00. We could save 10 cents of we made them from plastic. Just as good."

"I'm sick of Chamonix. Gotta get me some Taiga."

shanon

Reaction score
depending on when in 69....

....one of the polaris units could be mine.

;-)

Gernstetter

Reaction score
....one of the polaris units could be mine.

;-)

Fog light only on German deliveries.... Still mandatory, but you turn it on with no real fog you can get a ticket.....crazy rules here in the old country, problem is new German plates are longer now so rear plate has to be offset to the right....covering any of the red fog light is also a ticket.....uuuuggggg