E9 annual meeting in Dresden

TomHom

Site Donor
Reaction score
Wonderful weather, lots of wonderful cars
20240509_114720.jpg20240509_114736.jpg20240509_114915.jpg20240509_114959.jpg20240509_114807.jpg20240509_114814.jpg20240509_115034.jpg20240509_115247.jpg20240509_114822.jpg20240509_114907.jpg20240509_115350.jpg20240509_115408.jpg20240509_115523.jpg20240509_115748.jpg
Thomas

Ives

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
And not 1 set of DoT markers to spoil the lines of our Coupes.
Regards, Jon

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The whole e9 community across the world from Merdad in Iran to Wes in Tasmania to Hussein in Oman to Alvaro in Colombia owes the founders of the e9 Group in Germany a whole world of thanks for what they started and what they continue.
If you haven’t been to the annual meet - go. Just go.
Wonderful gracious people!

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
My
I think I saw 4 with plain rims… not counting the special cars of course… hey people like their options over there!
My poor Verona with stock rims, US reflectors, stock engine/Webers, slow windows, just 4 headlights, no rally numbers, no stripes, no grill badges, no spoiler, would look so lame over there that I would park it a few blocks aways at a Starbucks.
Now, DQ could drive his coupe there and fit right in!

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
My

My poor Verona with stock rims, US reflectors, stock engine/Webers, slow windows, just 4 headlights, no rally numbers, no stripes, no grill badges, no spoiler, would look so lame over there that I would park it a few blocks aways at a Starbucks.
Now, DQ could drive his coupe there and fit right in!

au contraire! Mon ami…
I have nothing to do, your “exotica Americana“ will steal the show

Dont forget to include a cool sticker, “because there is no planet B” alike
and the non politically correct short video “how to terrify a teddy bear using a red coupe”

Cornishman

Site Donor
Reaction score
So let’s make it happen for next year, I assume that it is once a year.
From South East U.K. it is 700 miles or 12 hours.
A lot of logistics required, but a serious road trip with a potential convey of E9s meeting up across Northern Europe, how cool would that be.
We would need some skilled mechanics and a few parts, but we have a substantial network between us.
might need to fly over SFDon for special emergencies , but suggested it earlier up the thread.
Anyone interested?

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
You should ask for next years location.
It might be closer than Dresden.
Last year was below Stuttgart
only 10 hours!
Last year we brought 6 people from the shop in California.

Fabulous time and kind folks.

Christoph

Reaction score
So let’s make it happen for next year, I assume that it is once a year.
From South East U.K. it is 700 miles or 12 hours.
A lot of logistics required, but a serious road trip with a potential convey of E9s meeting up across Northern Europe, how cool would that be.
We would need some skilled mechanics and a few parts, but we have a substantial network between us.
That would be a great leap forward for the British BMW scene. @NiekN will love it. It is not that dangerous, by the way. Some of us E3 Club people took the trip from Germany to Britain in 2019. Gathered near the Nürburgring, took the ferry from Dunkerque to Dover, drove to Aylesbury, met some British friends there, took a detour to Bletchley Park, toured the Cotswolds, visited that strange old brewery (lots of fun, if you are the driver), attended the Bicester Super Scramble, met more British friends there, and went back to Germany (obviously). All four E3 performed faultlessly during the whole journey, roughly 2000 kilometres. We were so fast we could not even pay the Dart Charge. They reminded us afterwards.

Travelling really gets you somewhere and builds memories. You really should take your cars and yourselves abroad. Don't worry too much about mechanics and stuff. There is no reason why British kept E9 should be less reliable than German kept E3.

Christoph

Reaction score
But Britain left Schengen in early 2020... can you do it now?
Certainly. The E3's touring abilities are not affected by political decisions.

As for the other way, Britain to Germany or elsewhere, British citizens are still allowed to leave their country, even with their cars.

Cornishman

Site Donor
Reaction score
Certainly. The E3's touring abilities are not affected by political decisions.

As for the other way, Britain to Germany or elsewhere, British citizens are still allowed to leave their country, even with their cars.
Worst case, we could bring them back in rubber dinghies from France

More seriously, thank you for the warm response.
I already started to chase up some friends In the U.K. with the suggestion that we make a tour, it would be cool. Niek might work miracles and get his finished in time, and Tony’s E3 simply must be complete by then. And, Ahmets is moving faster than a BL production line.
Great to know that you had a good time when you were over a few years ago, you chose some of the best places to visit.
If, or when, I get some local interest I will open up a new thread.